If you enabled the alert service, complete the following procedure to test alerts. Alerts are generated through the Event Manager in the Portal.
This procedure defines an alert that is triggered when the number of active sessions is greater than 1. After you define the alert and commit your changes, when you begin exploring the web application, you should receive an alert email.
- Log in to the Portal as an administrator.
- In the Portal menu, select Configure > Event Manager.
- In the Event Manager, click the Alerts tab.
- Click New Canister Alert.
- Click the Active check box.
- For Alert Type, select
- Click Select Event. Select the Active Sessions event.
- For Alert Function, select Positive.
- Click the Alert Threshold Only check box.
- In the Threshold text field, enter a value of 1.
- For Interval, enter a value of 100.
- For Reset, enter a value of 100.
Note: This alert should fire only one time. After you verified the test, modify the alert properties or delete the alert.
- Clear the Enable Warnings check box.
- In the Notification panel, select the email check box and clear all other check box.
- Enter your email address in the space provided.
- In the Blackout panel, verify that the Enable Alert Blackout check box is not selected.
- Click Save Draft.
The Alert should be displayed in red in the Alerts tab.
- To commit the changes to the server, click Commit Changes.
- Open a browser window to explore the application that is monitored by Experience Analytics.
- Open a second browser to explore the application. You should now have two active
sessions, which exceed the alert threshold.
A copy of the alert should be emailed to you.
- Remember to delete the alert after you received and reviewed it.