To plan how to install Acoustic™ Experience Analytics (Tealeaf), you must understand the installation process, review and satisfy hardware and software requirements, and determine how you want to deploy Experience Analytics applications and components.
Carefully planning which Experience Analytics applications and components to install and the best way to install them will help to avoid problems and ensure success.
Your plan should include a clear understanding of your business need. Understanding your business need will help determine the best Experience Analytics solution to install. Your Acoustic representative can help you to design the best solution.
You must install Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) applications in a specific order.
Prepare your network and install Experience Analytics applications in the following sequence.
- Plan the installation.
- Select the Experience Analytics components that you want to install. Work with your Acoustic representative to design the best solution.
- Determine where you will install the Experience Analytics applications and components that you selected. Depending on your requirements, you can install Experience Analytics on a single server or on multiple servers.
- Review Experience Analytics hardware, software, and operating system requirements. Compare those requirements to what is available in your current network environment. You might need to update your network to provide the resources that Experience Analytics requires.
- Prepare your environment to support Experience Analytics.
As necessary, update or install the required servers, software, and databases. Make certain that network infrastructure elements and operating systems are properly configured and at the version level that Experience Analytics needs.
- Install Experience Analytics CX. It forms the base of your installation.
- Install Experience Analytics databases. Experience Analytics requires Microsoft SQL Server.
- Install Experience Analytics Passive Capture Application (PCA). Unlike the rest of the Experience Analytics suite, the PCA runs on Linux. Plan accordingly.
- Install Experience Analytics cxImpact. It works closely with Experience Analytics CX and PCA and enables you to view customer interactions and website performance.
- Install additional Experience Analytics applications that address your business needs.
- Enable all of the applications that you installed either by running a setup script or through the Experience Analytics Portal (if installed).
- Confirm the success of all installations and that all applications are running.
After completing and verifying the installation of the Experience Analytics products in your network environment, configure each application to suit your particular business requirements.
Components to install
Essential Experience Analytics functions require that you install certain core applications and components. You can install additional Experience Analytics products for even broader functionality.
As part of your installation planning, identify the business use cases, problems, and objectives that you want to address with Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf). Select the Experience Analytics components that best match your needs. Work with your Acoustic representative to design the best solution for you. Then, install the core Experience Analytics components and additional products that you need.
Before you start installing any Experience Analytics components, ensure that your network environment contains the hardware, software, and database resources that Experience Analytics requires.
Install the following products to provide essential Experience Analytics functions.
|Experience Analytics component||Description|
|Experience Analytics CX||Base platform for all Experience Analytics products.|
|Experience Analytics CX Passive Capture Application (PCA)||Operates as a network sniffer to capture and record the complete interaction between visitors and the web application environment.|
|Experience Analytics cxImpact||Captures an audit trail of each visitor's activities and provides alerts, reports, analysis, and playback of visitor interactions. Supports browser-based replay (BBR) and the client-side RealiTea viewer (RTV).|
Installing other Experience Analytics applications enables you to further understand and enhance the customer experience by analyzing customer behavior, monitoring website performance and customer interactions, and integrating with other business applications.
Additional components for Experience Analytics solutions
Install any of these components to address specific business problems or goals with Experience Analytics solutions.
|Experience Analytics application||Description|
|Experience AnalyticscxView||Supports scorecards and dashboards in the portal for drill-down into session and visitor data.|
|Experience Analytics cxOverstat||Works with browser-based replay to provide various overlays to help you visualize the behaviors of your visitors on each page of your web application.|
|Experience Analytics cxReveal||Accessed through the portal, enables support staff to find, retrieve, and replay customer sessions to enhance customer issue troubleshooting and improve overall customer experience.|
|Experience Analytics cxVerify||Tracks individual clicks and page views to maintain an accurate record of each visitor's interactions with your website.|
|Experience AnalyticscxConnect||Supports integration of Experience Analytics with other business applications including business intelligence, web analytics, and voice of customer solutions for better cross-channel analysis and web site optimization.|
|Experience AnalyticsCX Mobile||Provides insights about the customer interactions on mobile devices.|
See the Overview for more information about these components and how they can help you enhance your customer’s experience.