To plan how to install Tealeaf, you must understand the installation process, review and satisfy hardware and software requirements, and determine how you want to deploy Tealeaf applications and components.
Carefully planning which Tealeaf applications and components to install and the best way to install them will help to avoid problems and ensure success.
Your plan should include a clear understanding of your business need. Understanding your business need will help determine the best Tealeaf solution to install. Your Acoustic representative can help you to design the best solution.
You must install Tealeaf applications in a specific order.
Prepare your network and install Tealeaf applications in the following sequence.
- Plan the installation.
- Select the Tealeaf components that you want to install. Work with your Acoustic representative to design the best solution.
- Determine where you will install the Tealeaf applications and components that you selected. Depending on your requirements, you can install Tealeaf on a single server or on multiple servers.
- Review Tealeaf hardware, software, and operating system requirements. Compare those requirements to what is available in your current network environment. You might need to update your network to provide the resources that Tealeaf requires.
- Prepare your environment to support Tealeaf.
As necessary, update or install the required servers, software, and databases. Make certain that network infrastructure elements and operating systems are properly configured and at the version level that Tealeaf needs.
- Install Tealeaf CX. It forms the base of your installation.
- Install Tealeaf databases. Tealeaf requires Microsoft SQL Server.
- Install Tealeaf Passive Capture Application (PCA). Unlike the rest of the Tealeaf suite, the PCA runs on Linux. Plan accordingly.
- Install Tealeaf cxImpact. It works closely with Tealeaf CX and PCA and enables you to view customer interactions and website performance.
- Install additional Tealeaf applications that address your business needs.
- Enable all of the applications that you installed either by running a setup script or through the Tealeaf Portal (if installed).
- Confirm the success of all installations and that all applications are running.
After completing and verifying the installation of the Tealeaf products in your network environment, configure each application to suit your particular business requirements.
Components to install
Essential Tealeaf functions require that you install certain core applications and components. You can install additional Tealeaf products for even broader functionality.
As part of your installation planning, identify the business use cases, problems, and objectives that you want to address with Tealeaf. Select the Tealeaf components that best match your needs. Work with your Acoustic representative to design the best solution for you. Then, install the core Tealeaf components and additional products that you need.
Before you start installing any Tealeaf components, ensure that your network environment contains the hardware, software, and database resources that Tealeaf requires.
Install the following products to provide essential Tealeaf functions.
|Tealeaf CX||Base platform for all Tealeaf products.|
|Tealeaf CX Passive Capture Application (PCA)||Operates as a network sniffer to capture and record the complete interaction between visitors and the web application environment.|
|Tealeaf cxImpact||Captures an audit trail of each visitor's activities and provides alerts, reports, analysis, and playback of visitor interactions. Supports browser-based replay (BBR) and the client-side RealiTea viewer (RTV).|
Installing other Tealeaf applications enables you to further understand and enhance the customer experience by analyzing customer behavior, monitoring website performance and customer interactions, and integrating with other business applications.
Additional components for Tealeaf solutions
Install any of these components to address specific business problems or goals with Tealeaf solutions.
|Tealeaf cxView||Supports scorecards and dashboards in the portal for drill-down into session and visitor data.|
|Tealeaf cxOverstat||Works with browser-based replay to provide various overlays to help you visualize the behaviors of your visitors on each page of your web application.|
|Tealeaf cxReveal||Accessed through the portal, enables support staff to find, retrieve, and replay customer sessions to enhance customer issue troubleshooting and improve overall customer experience.|
|Tealeaf cxVerify||Tracks individual clicks and page views to maintain an accurate record of each visitor's interactions with your website.|
|Tealeaf cxConnect||Supports integration of Tealeaf with other business applications including business intelligence, web analytics, and voice of customer solutions for better cross-channel analysis and web site optimization.|
|Tealeaf CX Mobile||Provides insights about the customer interactions on mobile devices.|
See the Overview for more information about these components and how they can help you enhance your customer’s experience.