Secure communication between your Acoustic™ Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) installation and Exchange requires an authentication key that is unique to the connection between your Experience Analytics installation and your Exchange account. You create the key in Exchange and copy it into the Experience Analytics configuration.
Confirm that your organization has an active Exchange account and that you can access it.
Confirm that you have user permissions that allow you to update configurations in your Experience Analytics installation.
To enable your Experience Analytics installation to access Exchange, you must register Experience Analytics as an endpoint in your Exchange account. Exchange generates an authentication key during the registration process. Experience Analytics uses the key to authenticate each call it makes to Exchange.
You must add the Exchange authentication key to the Experience Analytics configuration.
- Log into Exchange and go to the Endpoints tab. Click Register new endpoint.
- Find and open the Experience Analytics endpoint. Click
Exchange adds Experience Analytics to the list of available endpoints. The endpoint remains Pending until you complete the entire registration process.
- Return to the Endpoints tab. Select the Experience Analytics endpoint.
- Open the endpoint details and copy the endpoint authentication key.
- In your Experience Analytics installation, go to the UBXTools folder and open config.properties. Enter the authentication key as the value for the ubx.application.endpoint.authentication.key property.
- Save the file.
RegisterEndpointscript to finish registering Experience Analytics as an endpoint in your Exchange account.