Sharing Experience Analytics event data with the diverse Exchange business ecosystem multiplies your options to improve the customer experience through targeted responses and by augmenting your customer profiles with timely and relevant data.
To begin, you must have an active Exchange account. In your Exchange account, you manage the connections with the applications that provide and consume the data that you want to share. Sharing Experience Analytics event data with another business application through Exchange is based on creating an event subscription in Exchange.
In an event subscription, Experience Analytics provides event data as an event publisher. The application that receives the event data is the event subscriber. Exchange and the subscribing applications in its ecosystem support a broad range of event attributes and identifiers that you can share through Exchange.
To integrate Experience Analytics with Exchange, you must make specific changes in your Experience Analytics installation and in your Exchange account. The changes establish a secure data connection between Experience Analytics and Exchange and specify the data that your Experience Analytics installation will publish.
Integrating Experience Analytics and Exchange requires that you complete the following steps.
- Plan the integration. Know the business case you want to address. Understand how the various elements involved in the integration fit together.
- Prepare Experience Analytics. In Experience Analytics, identify the events, attributes and personal identifiers that you will share. Configure events and the event bus for sharing with Exchange.
- Configure the connection. To create a secure data connection, Experience Analytics and Exchange share a unique authentication key. You create the key in Exchange and then copy it to Experience Analytics
- Register the Experience Analytics endpoint with Exchange. Establish the connection with Exchange by running a script in Experience Analytics to register and activate Experience Analytics as an endpoint in your Exchange account.
- Configure the data relationships. Map Exchange event types to Experience Analytics events, attributes, and identifiers.
- Define event subscriptions in Exchange. Define the subscriptions between Experience Analytics as provider and other apps as consumer endpoints.