This procedure describes the steps for upgrading Acoustic™ Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) components that are installed on the same physical system.
Before you begin to upgrade your Experience Analytics environment, confirm that all upgrade planning and environment preparations are complete.
- Review the upgrade process and changes to Experience Analytics that the upgrade introduces.
- Complete all environment preparations. Complete all hardware, software, and database changes that the upgrade requires.
- Verify current system status.
- Complete all backups and exports. Ideally, you should create a complete mirror image of the server.
- Copy the upgrade software to the server that you plan to upgrade. Copy the software to a directory outside of the Experience Analytics installation directory.
- Log in to the server as an administrator and stop all Experience Analytics services on the server that is being upgraded.
- Go to Start > Programs > Tealeaf Technology and click Stop Tealeaf Services. Wait for all services to stop.
- Open the Windows Services applet and manually stop all remaining services whose name begins with Tealeaf, including the following.
- Tealeaf Scheduler Service
- Tealeaf Transport Service
- Tealeaf Management Service
- Wait for the services to stop. Close the Windows Event Viewer Control panel and the Windows Services Control panel.
- Upgrade the Experience Analytics components with the Upgrader. Open a command-line shell. Navigate to the directory where you stored the Experience Analytics upgrade distribution. From the upgrade directory, run
- Restart services after you have completed the software upgrades. Go to Start > Programs > Tealeaf Technology and click Start Tealeaf Services. Check the event logs for errors.
- Complete post-upgrade cleanup tasks.
- After you complete the upgrade of the Experience Analytics platform and core applications, you may upgrade your other Experience Analytics applications and components.