This procedure describes the steps for upgrading Acoustic™ Tealeaf components that are installed on the same physical system.
Before you begin to upgrade your Tealeaf environment, confirm that all upgrade planning and environment preparations are complete.
- Review the upgrade process and changes to Tealeaf that the upgrade introduces.
- Complete all environment preparations. Complete all hardware, software, and database changes that the upgrade requires.
- Verify current system status.
- Complete all backups and exports. Ideally, you should create a complete mirror image of the server.
- Copy the upgrade software to the server that you plan to upgrade. Copy the software to a directory outside of the Tealeaf installation directory.
- Log in to the server as an administrator and stop all Tealeaf services on the server that is being upgraded.
- Go to Start > Programs > Tealeaf Technology and click Stop Tealeaf Services. Wait for all services to stop.
- Open the Windows Services applet and manually stop all remaining services whose name begins with Tealeaf, including the following.
- Tealeaf Scheduler Service
- Tealeaf Transport Service
- Tealeaf Management Service
- Wait for the services to stop. Close the Windows Event Viewer Control panel and the Windows Services Control panel.
- Upgrade the Tealeaf components with the Upgrader. Open a command-line shell. Navigate to the directory where you stored the Tealeaf upgrade distribution. From the upgrade directory, run
- Restart services after you have completed the software upgrades. Go to Start > Programs > Tealeaf Technology and click Start Tealeaf Services. Check the event logs for errors.
- Complete post-upgrade cleanup tasks.
- After you complete the upgrade of the Tealeaf platform and core applications, you may upgrade your other Tealeaf applications and components.