You must upgrade the PCA by using the root user account. Do not use the sudo root user for the upgrade.
The upgrade process for the Acoustic™ Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) PCA is consistent across all versions of Linux™.
- Download the PCA upgrade package from Fix Central.
- Log into the PCA server as
- Stop services.
- Navigate to the
/rootdirectory, where the
.rpmfile is saved.
- Upgrade the PCA by running the following command.
rpm -Uvh <tealeaf rpm>
- For example,
- For example,
- Verify that process completes without errors.
- Start services.
Verify that the PCA upgrade was successful and that the Windows pipeline is processing hits.
Verify that passive capture is working
After the PCA upgrade completes, confirm that the PCA is sending captured traffic to your Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) environment.
- Log into the PCA web user interface.
- In the Summary tab, verify that traffic is being captured and is flowing from the PCA server to the appropriate downstream server.
Traffic to stopped servers is spooled. To refresh the display, click Refresh at the top of the screen.
- If the traffic is not flowing, select the Console tab. Verify that Capture is on.
Verify Pipeline processing
After the PCA upgrade is complete, use the Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) Portal to verify that traffic is flowing through your Pipeline.
- Log in to the Portal as an administrator.
- Select System > TMS.
- Open Pipeline Status and select the pipeline that performs the processing of captured data.
- Verify that hits are flowing through each session agent in the pipeline.