If you do not find the type of event that you need, you can create a custom event type.
A custom event type is available only in the application in which you define the custom event type.
Because custom event types are available to only one application instead of many, other Acoustic Exchange ecosystem members are less likely to replicate it for use in their applications. In turn, this reduces the likelihood that marketers will include your endpoint in their data syndications because there are no other endpoints that accept your custom event data.
- In the Add event types section of the Integration Manager, click Add a new event type.
- Click the link to custom event type.
- Define the new event type. You must enter a name and a unique event code. Entering a description is optional, but recommended, so that Acoustic Exchange users who register endpoints based on the application can see what the event type provides. The other fields are optional.
- Namespace. Enter a different namespace if you define a custom event with a code that duplicates an event code that is already registered with Acoustic Exchange. If Namespace is empty, Acoustic Exchange assumes the default value.
- Scope. Acoustic Exchange recognizes two types of events.
- Individual. Events initiated by a single individual who can be identified by a unique identifier that is included in the event payload that the event publisher sends to Acoustic Exchange.
- Aggregate. Events that are initiated by or affect multiple individuals. Aggregate events do not contain a unique identifier in the event payload.
- Registration type. You can choose either Publish or Subscribe.
- PUBLISH: Identifies an event that the registering endpoint publishes to Acoustic Exchange.
- SUBSCRIBE: Identifies an event that the registering endpoint receives from Acoustic Exchange.
- Add features to the event type. (optional)
- Add attributes to the event.
- Click Apply to create the custom event type.