Exchange provides a graphical interface for users to search for appropriate event publishers and events. They can review publisher and event descriptions, and specify individual events to send to one or more destination endpoints.
Exchange gets the details about audiences by making an API call to the URL that was specified when the audience source endpoint was registered.
Users subscribe to events as follows.
- Select an event publisher.
- Examine events types that are available from the publisher.
- Select one or more event sources.
- Select one or more destination endpoints to receive event data from the selected source or sources.
- Start the subscription. When the publishing endpoint detects the selected event, it calls v1/event to send event details to the destination endpoints through Acoustic Exchange.
You can use the Exchange Toolkit to download events from Exchange. To use the toolkit, go to https://github.com/acoustic-exchange/toolkit-1.3 and install it in your local network environment.
When you use the Exchange Toolkit to retrieve event notifications from Exchange, the events are downloaded and stored as tab-separated value (TSV) files. You can insert the TSV files into a SQL database using the built-in importer, or by other custom bulk loaders or processes.