In the test phase of the application development, you perform the steps that Acoustic Exchange users take to register and use an endpoint that is based on your application.
The steps to test include the following. Depending on the type of endpoint your application is designed to support, you complete some or all of the following scenarios.
- Register an endpoint. Test the provisioning method that you specified, either Instructions only (follow the instructions that you wrote) or Direct connect.
- Event publisher: Subscribe to events and examine the results on an event consumer endpoint.
- Event consumer: Subscribe to events and examine the events that you receive from an event producer endpoint.
- Audience publisher: Share audiences. Examine how the audience arrives at an audience destination endpoint.
- Audience consumer: Share audiences. Examine the audience that you receive from an audience producer endpoint.
Acoustic Exchange provides Test Drive so that you can test the performance of your application. The Partner tools tab in Test drive includes a section that provides a variety of tools that you can use to test the behavior of endpoints that you create with your application. In Test Drive, you can simulate the behavior of producer and destination endpoints.
The Integration Manager provides a direct link to Test Drive on the Test your application page.