Use this integration method if you are an Acoustic Campaign, Salesforce, and Acoustic Exchange subscriber. This integration method provides marketers with seamlessly integrated point-and-click tools that synchronize Customer Relationship Management (CRM) data and email marketing activity. The integration results in improved relevance of marketing messages and a clear view into marketing activity for Salesforce users.
Be sure to satisfy the necessary prerequisites for this integration.
|Acoustic Exchange account||Having a Acoustic Exchange account authorizes you to send and receive data through Acoustic Exchange.||Getting started with Exchange|
|Salesforce account||In order to register a Salesforce endpoint in Acoustic Exchange, you must have access to a Salesforce account.||https://www.salesforce.com/|
|Acoustic Campaign account||For this integration method to be configured properly, it is essential to have an account with Acoustic Campaign||Getting started with Acoustic Campaign|
|Complete the legacy Acoustic Campaign and Salesforce integration||Use the legacy integration of Salesforce and Acoustic Campaign to build a baseline for the Acoustic Exchange, Acoustic Campaign, and Salesforce integration.||Integrating Salesforce CRM with Acoustic Campaign|
By using this integration method, you build on the legacy integration of Salesforce and Acoustic Campaign, offering optimizations for data transfer speed, stability, and the ability to choose what email activity is sent to Salesforce.
After you complete the Acoustic Campaign and Salesforce integration, you must configure settings in your Acoustic Campaign and Salesforce accounts. This enables email activity data routing to circumvent the older integration while taking advantage of the speed, stability and scalability of Acoustic Exchange. After you have configured the settings, install and configure the Acoustic Exchange Workflow Template Package in your Salesforce account. Finally, to facilitate the data flow from Salesforce to Acoustic Campaign, register Salesforce and Acoustic Campaign Engage as endpoints in Acoustic Exchange.
- In Acoustic Campaign under Application Account Settings enable the Acoustic Exchange application.
- From Organization Settings, select CRM and Scoring Settings and deactivate Lead/Contact Email History to CRM.
- Optional: In your Salesforce account, install the Acoustic Exchange Workflow Template Package.
- Select Install for all users, and then Install.
- Configure Outbound Messages by selecting Setup > Create > Workflow and approvals > Outbound Messages.
- Edit the Acoustic Exchange CRM Event Template by replacing
UBX-SALESFORCE-ENDPOINT-EVENT-AUTHKEYin the Endpoint URL with Event destination URL host and event level authentication key. Select Save.
- You can find your Salesforce CRMi event level authentication key under the More details menu of the Acoustic Exchange user interface.
- If necessary, modify the Acoustic Exchange Workflow Template Package with any additional Rules and then select Activate.
- Note: Ensure that the Outbound Messages that you configured for the rule are updated with the correct Acoustic Exchange host and authentication key.
- In Acoustic Exchange, register Acoustic Campaign Engage as an endpoint in your Acoustic Exchange account.
- In Acoustic Exchange, register Salesforce as a CRMi endpoint in your Acoustic Exchange account.
- On the Endpoints tab, click Register new endpoint to display the endpoint registration wizard.
- Select Salesforce and click Next.
- Under deployments, choose CRMi.
- Enter the CRM User Name, Password and Secret Key that is associated with your Salesforce account. These credentials should be the same as the credentials entered in the CMR settings of Acoustic Campaign. Select Register.
- To complete the integration process and enable data flow from one endpoint to another, you must subscribe your endpoints to events. An event is a specific interaction or behavior that a business application can detect at a specific time and that can be associated with a customer identifier. In this integration, you can subscribe to events in the email event type.
Next, review documentation about subscribing to events.