You can use the Audiences tab or navigation menu in Acoustic Exchange to upload identity data to the Acoustic Exchange Identity store from your own database.
Register the source endpoint. You can upload segmented identity data only if your endpoint is registered with Acoustic Exchange for your Acoustic Exchange user account.
Uploading identity data is a batch process. You specify the database that you want to upload from, when or how often to upload, and how much data to upload.
When you upload segmented identity data to the Acoustic Exchange Identity store, you are in a sense, "sharing" that data to Acoustic Exchange from the source endpoint's own database.
- On the Audiences tab, click Share audiences and identifiers. The Share audiences and identifiers page displays as the first page of a wizard that guides you through the audience sharing process. The Summary section displays the result of your selections as you proceed through the wizard.
- Select Upload identities to the Identity store.
- Search for and select an audience source. If you are uploading data, the audience source should be your endpoint. Click Next to proceed.
- Map databases and identities on the Select identifiers page.
- Select a marketing database. Click in the Source database field to specify which database you would like to upload identity data from.
- Click Next to proceed.
- Schedule when to share the audience. Choose any of the following methods:
- Share now. In the Share audiences and identifiers field, select Immediately. The source endpoint begins the identity upload process when you click Share. This option is the default selection.
- Upload the identity data one time only, or at a specific time. In the Share audiences and identifiers field, select At specific time. Specify a start date and time. When you specify Time, GMT is used.
- Upload repeatedly. Specify how often to repeat the upload. For each method, you must select a date and time of day to share.
- Custom Select one or more days of the week.
- If you schedule audience sharing to repeat Daily, Acoustic Exchange includes audience data that is collected and provided by the source endpoint during the previous 1 day.
- Specify how much data to share. When you are uploading data from your endpoint's database, you can indicate how much data to share. You can share all available data or data that was collected during a range of dates that you specify. If you configure repeated upload, Acoustic Exchange does not give you the option to specify a date range.
- If you see the Include all data option, select Yes to share all available data. Select No to enable the Date range field so that you can specify a date range.
- In the Date range field, specify a range of dates that provide the identity data that you want to upload. You must specify a start date and an end date. When Acoustic Exchange uploads the data, only identity data that is associated with dates that fall within the selected range is uploaded to Acoustic Exchange.
- Click Share.
Depending on when you scheduled the upload, the identity data in Acoustic Exchange becomes available for use. The amount of time that is required to complete the process depends on the amount of identity data that is shared.