Spam testing allows you to test your emails against the most popular spam filters. You must enable spam testing in your preview test.
- Preview tests that were not created with a spam test will not have spam results available.
- The left side of the tab includes an overview of all Spam results, including whether your email passed or failed the spam test.
- If additional details are available, Email Insights displays them on the right side of the tab.
Note: Additional details will not always be provided for your spam test.
Follow these steps to run the spam tests.
- To view spam test results, click the existing preview test and then click Spam.
- You can make changes and then retest the email using one of the following options:
- To change the template in Acoustic Campaign, log in to the Acoustic Campaign. Update your email template. Come back to your Preview page and click the Retest button to rerun the preview/spam test on the template. Email Insights will download the latest version of your email template and generate new previews.
- To change the HTML, click the Edit HTML button to edit the HTML of the template. A very basic HTML editor opens to allow you to make small changes to your HTML template. When your changes are complete, click the Save and Retest Template button. This will save the updated version of your email template and generate a new preview test.
All of your new preview tests will continue to be associated with this template and will be listed under Previous Tests.
Spam tests on emails
Email Insights include the ability to run spam tests on your emails. Email Insights spam testing is powered by Litmus. The spam tests will analyze your emails for both content and reputation.
Please take a moment to review Litmus's documentation for spam tests and how each individual spam test is scored: https://litmus.com/help/testing/spam-scoring/
Spam tests are now included as part of the email preview tests within Email Insights. Email Insights user can now test their emails against a variety of spam filters, including Barracuda, SpamAssassin, Postini, Gmail, and more.
Preview tests that include spam will take longer than normal to complete. You can expect these tests to take between 2 and 10 minutes to complete.
Testing email personalization from Acoustic Campaign will not work with spam tests. To test personalization, users will need to generate a preview that does not include spam testing.
To run a spam test, along with your Preview test, follow these steps:
- Click New Preview Test.
- Select the email template you want to test.
- Click Test.
- Select the Acoustic Campaign database you want to use for generating this email test.
It is recommended to select the Acoustic Campaign database that is the intended Contact Source for this email.
- Email Insights will add a Private Contact List to this database. Email Insights will then temporarily add the spam seed email addresses to this contact list.
- Email Insights will send an email from Acoustic Campaign to these spam Seed email addresses.
- Once sent, Email Insights will delete these contacts from your contact list.
It will take between 2 to 10 minutes for your preview and spam results to be generated. Please be patient and provide time for Litmus to process your results and return them to Email Insights.
Note: Personalization testing is not available with spam tests. If you need to test the Personalization of your email, please select "Do not run spam test." Then, the option will be available for you to add an email address for Personalization testing.
Viewing a Spam Test Results
For any Preview test created that includes a spam test, simply click on the existing test to access it. Then, click on the "spam" tab to access the spam results for that test. Preview tests that were not created with a spam test will not have spam results available.
The left-side includes an overview of all spam results, including if your email Passed or Failed the spam test.
If available, Email Insights will display and additional details for your spam test on the right side of the screen.
Note: Note: Additional details will not always be provided for your spam test.