Analytics allows you to view your email performance that is broken out by contact's profile data, giving you the most in-depth view of what impacts your email's success.
Analytics Reports analyze the market segments. They arrange market targets from multiple email results to multiple databases. Reports look at market segments through contact profile and response data to analyze trends. Targeted segments categorize database contacts by such criteria as age, gender, or preferences, and look at associated responses to emails.
Analytics Reports is a powerful tool that requires:
- Segment Groups: are defined segment groups that use multiple databases, to be used in report templates. Segment groups specify the data to include in customized reports. The data is pulled from the database that is selected for a report. However, the group consists of two or more individual segments, you can create one for each of your fields and then display only the field you want in the report. Individual segments specify the data (values) accumulated in database fields. For example, if you have several databases that contain Gender and Product Type fields, you can use segment groups in one report to show product selections for females, and another report to show product selections for males, or both together. Report 1 would show the number of males who purchased each of SUVs, pickups, and sedans and Report 2 would show the number of females who purchased each of SUVs, pickups, and sedans.
Segment groups are often used to investigate trends, which are not always database-specific, but, which can be recognized across several databases, by using multiple reports.
- Report Templates
- Generation of the Report
The data in the report can be viewed in the following ways:
- Update Report Data: adds the most recent database data to the report.
- Change Fields: Selects the fields to include in the report from fields that are included in the Report template.
- Change Metrics: Selects metrics to include in the report from metrics that are included in Report's template.
- Target Segment: Changes to one of the other available target segments for the report.
- Table View or Cross-tab: Select the view that displays the data the way you want.
Managing Analytic Reports
Find out how to use analytic reports to create and manage segment groups, use report templates, and generate the report.
How do I create an Analytic Report?
Analytics Reports displays the email results based on database data that use Segment Groups. Specifically, these reports allows breakdown or group report data into categories of your choice, giving you the ability to view email performance within targeted audience segment groups.
Before you begin, create a report template.
Complete the following steps to create the Analytics Report:
- Access the Analytics Report from Reports.
- Click Analytics Reports. The Analytics reports that were previously created is displayed.
- Click the Create Reports link to begin a new report.
Saving an Analytic Report
Perform the following steps to save an analytic report.
- Open the Analytic Reports from Reports.
- Click a report name in the list of reports. The report opens.
- To save only the data in a segment, check the box next to the segment name. To save the entire report, do not check a box.
- Click Save a Copy.
- The new report is available at Mailings > Single Mailing Reports > (click the report by name) > Saved Reports tab.
Note: To get the latest database data included in the report, click Update Report Data before saving.
Viewing an Analytic Report
Perform the following steps to view an Analytics Report:
- Open Analytics Reports from Reports.
- Click the link Create and Manage Report Templates. A list of reports appears.
- Click the report name to view the report.