How do I create a segment group and segments?
- In Segment Groups, click Create Segment Group. The Create Segment Group dialog box opens.
- Enter a descriptive name for the segment group, and (optional) choose a database. If you choose to assign the segment group to a database, segments is automatically created for fields that you select in the database.
- Click Continue. The Create Segment Group form opens.
- If you assigned a database to the group, you can choose one field from the database to analyze for automatic data creation. After the data job, select the segment group by name from the database of reports. You have the option of creating a segment for each value in the fields.
- To choose the position in which the segments appear in a report, highlight the segment and click Move Up or Move Down.
- To group all other contact records together so total counts in the reports match up, check Include an 'Other' Segment.
- To restrict the value to a date range, or numerical values, click Edit, and then click Edit again in the new form.
- Click Add (if you did not assign a database to the group). Create Segment is displayed.
- Enter a name for the new segment.
- Click Add. Specify values for the Segment is displayed.
- Select the parameters to use to restrict the data that is selected from the database.
- If the fields contain numeric information:
- Value Range (Numeric Only): If the fields contain numeric information, such as age, you can limit the range from age 18 to 32.
- Value Greater Than or Less Than (Numeric Only): If the fields contain numeric information.
- If the fields contain other than numeric information:
- Value Equal to (one value per line): If the value is not numeric, enter one value per line.
- If a database is associated with this segment group, another box is displayed showing the values in that field.
- Click Submit. A data job is started.
You can edit Segment Groups and individual segments at any time.
Adding fields to the segment group
Follow these steps to add fields to the segment group.
- In Reports > Reports (classic), open the Analytics.
- Select the link Create and Manage Report Templates and click Create Segment Group. Select the database to automate the creation of segments based on data within the database. Extra fields can be added later.
- Give the segment group a unique (unused) name.
- Enter the segment group a unique (unused) name.
- Select Next.