Export the tracking metrics of a Single Mailing report
Follow these steps to export the tracking metrics for all the contacts from a Single Mailing report.
Note: If your email has a Seed List attached, the Seed List counts will be included as part of the Sent tracking metric in the metrics report.
- In the Reports, open Single Mailing Reports. Select your email from the list.
- In the Single Mailing Report, click Export Tracking Data.
- In Export Results, select the tracking metrics and data fields you want to export. Click Continue when complete.
- For example, select Sent to export all Sent recipients.
- Select the data fields that you wish to export. Email is selected by default.
- Submit Data Job. Confirm your selections. You can also check Email Notification to have an email sent to you when the Data Job is complete.
- Click Export Results to start the data job.
- Click the Data Job ID link to view Data Job Detail. Refresh the screen or press F5 until you see Status: Complete. The length of the data job depends on the number of contacts you are exporting.
- To download your exported file, go to Content > Stored Files > Private folder > Export Files Folder. Select the box next to your file and click Download. You can then choose to Export the file to FTP or you can download it directly from the browser. If you choose to download, you will be prompted for your password and then you can download the file to wherever you set your downloads to go.
The CSV files are contained in a Zipped/Compressed file. You may need to unzip them to view it. Each metric is in a separate CSV file. You can open or import the CSV file in Excel or other spreadsheet software.
Note: Folders cannot be downloaded.
Date range filter in the export tracking data
You can use the date range filter when you export the Tracking Data. When you export the tracking data for a Single Mailing Report, there is a Start date and End date option. There might be confusion on the function of this date range. It is compared to the date range available in the
RawRecipientDataExport and often reports come back that don't contain the same data.
The date range in Export Results, for the Single Mailing Report, is labeled includes contacts only whose last action occurred between. Where the
RawRecipientDataExport includes all contact actions within the date range, the Export Tracking Data date range provides only the last action that is taken by a client in the range.
Export the results data
Exporting Results is a two-step process.
- Select the results data.
- Select the list data.
Click the Export Results link under the navigation bar on any of a mailing's Reports page to begin. Or, from the Reports page, select Export Tracking Data. Select the radio button of the email results to be exported.
Select the results data
- Select the checkboxes next to the tracking metrics you want to include in the exported file.
- From the drop-down list, select one of the following two file types to import. CSV (comma-separated values) or TSV (tab-separated values).
- Click Continue.
Select the list data
- Select the check box to the right of all database data you want to include in the exported file.
- Click Export Results. The export database job begins.
- To receive a notification of when the job completes, enter an email address and click Submit.
- To learn about checking your database job results, see Data Jobs.
- To receive an email notification when the job status is complete, select the Email Notification check box, enter your email address, and then click Submit.
You can check the status at any time on the Data Jobs screen. To learn about viewing job results, see Data Jobs.
When the export is complete, you can download the file from within a folder labeled Export Files (in Stored Files on the navigation bar).
Export data from a single mailing report
- In Reports, open the Single Mailing Report and click the name of the appropriate Mailing Report (Summary, Share to Social, Clickthrough, or Dynamic Content) that you would like to export.
- Locate the email in either the Shared or Private folder and click your email name.
- Click Options > Metrics Displayed. Select your metrics.
- Next, click Options > Export Data. The Download CSV window appears.
- In the Download CSV window, click Download file.
Export the single mailing report - Classic data
The single mailing report - classic allows you to export tabled data. You have two export options. Follow one of these steps to export the single mailing report.
- Click the Download icon located at the top right of each table. This will export the aggregate data to a CSV format.
- Click the Export tracking data button at the top right of the page, select the metrics and fields you wish to export, and then complete the export job.
Export mailing reports data
- Go to the report you would like to view/export.
- You can export either single metric, such as opened, clicked, unsubscribed, and so on. Click download data or you can export the whole report (or selected metrics) by clicking Export Tracking Data.
- To select results data, select checkboxes to the left of the tracking metrics you want to include in the export file.
- From the drop-down list, select one of the following two file types to export: CSV (comma-separated values) or TSV (tab-separated values)
- Click Continue.
- To select list data, check the box to the right of all the list data you want to include in the export file.
- Click Export Results. The export list job begins.
- To receive an email notification when the job's status is complete, check the Email Notification box, enter your email address and click Submit.
When the export is complete, the file can be downloaded from within a folder titled Export Files in Stored Files in the navigation bar.
Export to PDF
- Create a report in the Reports Center.
- Go to File > Create PDF.
- If applicable, select other reports you wish to include.
- (Optional) Rename the export file.
- Click Download Now.