There are several areas in Acoustic Campaign where you can apply Google Analytics parameters, so that activities from sent emails, programs, Landing Pages, or your web page visits can be captured into Google Analytics Reporting system. The Append String is appended to links within your emails which allows tracking to be reported back to Google Analytics.
Note: The append string is default that appears for each vendor. Users can customize the append string based on their needs.
The URL Builder on Google's website is automatically configured with the URL parameters for Google Analytics:http://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1033867
Here is a list of system personalization variables that can be used:
- %%EMAIL%% (email address)
- %%RECIPIENT_ID%% (encoded recipient id)
- %%LIST_ID%% (list id)
- %%MAILING_ID%% (mailing id) - to find the mailing ID, go to Content > View Mailings > Sent then hover over the email name.
- %%MAILING_NAME%% (email name 'friendly name') - is the actual name of the email template you are using.
- %%MAILING_SEND_DAY%% (Day of the week the email was sent)
- %%MAILING_SEND_DATE%% (date the email was sent)
- %%LINK_NAME%% (the link name for the url clicked)
- %%<<db column name>>%% (any database column name)
- %%WA_MAILINGLEVEL_CODE%% - is set up at the organization level and can be found by going to Settings > Organization Settings > Integrations > Append String for Hyperlinks.