The append string is appended to links within your emails which allow tracking to be reported back to the analytics provider. This append string is a default that appears for each vendor. You can customize the append string based on your needs. You can also include extra URL parameters, if you use custom tracking on other sites.
- Open Organization Settings.
- Select Integrations.
- Select Edit. The Update Integration page displays.
- Select the check box next to Enable Site Analytics Automation.
- Select the Site Analytics Package drop-down to choose your package. Choose Other if your solution is not listed.
- In the Website Domain area, enter all website links in your email that you want to track activity. There is no limit on the number of sites you can track, but you must separate each link with a comma.
- In the Exclude Domains text box, enter any sites that you do not want to track. For example, you might want to track activity on your company website but not your company blog site.
- The Append String for Hyperlinks area is populated automatically based on which package that you choose.
- When finished, click Save.
What to do next
The following is a list of personalization variables that can be used within the append string:
- %%EMAIL%% (Email Address)
- %%RECIPIENT_ID%% (Encoded Recipient Id)
- %%LIST_ID%% (Id of the Database, Query, or Contact List the email was sent to)
- %%MAILING_ID%% (Id of the Sent email)
- %%MAILING_NAME%% (The 'friendly name' of the email)
- %%MAILING_SEND_DAY%% (Day of the week the email was sent)
- %%MAILING_SEND_DATE%% (Date the email was sent)
- %%LINK_NAME%% (The name of a Hyperlink)
- %%<<Column Name>>%% (Any Campaign database column name, as added to the database)
In addition to system values available for personalization, you may also use the %%WA_MAILINGLEVEL_CODE%% to specify a value when you are sending the email. Before you test, make sure to add a value in the field. To do that, fill out an input box for Analytics ID (as shown below). For a standard scheduled email, it's under step 2 on review and send.
Your site allows you to pass a variable through their CameFrom feature. The CameFrom code is carried through the visitor's session on your website and allows you to track where the visitor came from before purchasing.
For example, adding &CAMEFROM=%%MAILING_NAME%% to the append string setting or manually to a hyperlink records the name of the email in CityCool.