Use the information in the topic to understand how to track file downloads on your landing pages.
When an asset file is added as a link to a page it has a Link Name attribute associated with it. Although this is something the end user will not see, this is the name of the behavior Campaign will store when someone clicks on it.
If the same asset is used multiple times, the system will actually append a unique number to the end of the Link Name, e.g. whitepaper_0.pdf as seen in the image below. If you want to run a single query to get all contacts who have downloaded file, then you must remove the "_number" that is appended in the Link Name field whenever you add the file to a new landing page.
To insert from the asset library
- Click the Asset Library icon and select Load Asset from Library.
- Right-click the file you dropped in the page to edit the link name (the link name will be the name of the tracked behavior we store in Campaign.)
- Remove the "_number" if it was added to the link name.
To add a file directly to the page
- Type the file name on your page.
- Highlight the file name and click the Insert/Edit Link icon.
- Select Link to File for the link type and then upload the file from your hard drive (you can also upload from the asset library).
- Type the link name in the Link Name field if it does not auto-populate. Be sure to remove the' _number' if the file has been used before; otherwise Campaign will track it as a different download.
- Change the displayed link text.