You can use custom web page names to give the URL a friendlier name for reference. Also, you can name pages in web applications that dynamically generate content; for example, instead of using catalog.php?cat=apples, use the meta name 'apples category'.
Customize web page names
- By default, Campaign tracks web page visits by the entire URL up to the query string, which begins with the "?" symbol; for example, 'www.goacoustic.com/index.html' and 'www.goacoustic.com/Solutions/index.html'.
- When you are working with the results of web tracking, you see the URLs tied to the underlying web page visits.
- Decide to pass a much more readable and manageable custom web page name into Campaign. As a result, you can more accurately review analysis results using Reporting or API web tracking data exports.
- Provide your custom web page name.
- There are three ways you can provide Campaign with a custom web page name.
- Use a <META> HTML tag
- Use a parameter in the URL query string