You can view aggregate data for several emails at the same time by using the multiple mailings report.
When you create multiple mailings reports, you can either select all of the emails within a certain date range or you can select individual emails that you want to include. Additionally, you can use these totals for planning future marketing strategies.
The report gives you totals and percentages based on all of the emails that include metrics such as: Recipients, Sent On, Sent, Soft Bounces, Hard Bounces, Received, Opened, Clicked, Forwarded, Subscribed, Unsubscribed, Converted, and Conversion Amount.
Creating a Multiple mailings report
Read through the following procedure to combine more than one email
Individually select one or more emails to aggregate as part of the trend report using the new Specific Mailings tab.
- Open the Multiple mailings from the Reports, check the box next to the emails to include in the report.
- Click Add to Multiple mailings report. If you wish to remove an email, check the email and click Remove from Multiple Mailings Report.
- Click Create Multiple Mailings Report.
After the report is created, you can either view the comparison results on the screen, or download the data to save on your computer.
Note: While data from these reports can be downloaded, the best course of action is to create a pdf under the Comparison Reports > Performance area.
The resulting report contains the four sections below:
- Mailings Information Chart: Each email included in the report is listed. To view detailed information for each individual email in the report, click the report name.
- Delivery Information Chart: This chart provides combined data about the success of the selected emails:
- Sent Messages - number of emails sent
- Soft Bounces - number of emails that cannot be delivered for reasons other than an invalid address (full mailbox, temporary technical problems, etc.)
- Hard Bounces - number of emails that cannot be delivered because a contact's address is deemed invalid by the mail server
- Total Bounces - hard and soft bounce totals
- Received - total number of successfully received emails
- Tracking Graph: This graph displays delivery information for five tracking metrics from each of the editors and from the Click to View option. Tracking metrics include the following results for the multiple emails:
- Opened - number of opened emails
- Clicked - number of clicks in an email
- Forwarded - number of emails that were forwarded
- Subscribed - number of contacts who opted-in to receive future emails
- Unsubscribed - number of contacts who opted-out of receiving future emails
- Tracking Chart: This chart details the tracking metrics in the selected emails. For each metric, results for the multiple emails include:
- Average per contact
- Unique Total
- Unique Rate
- Gross Total
Discrepancies in the multiple mailing report
Sometimes, the multiple mailing report shows discrepancies in reporting, where the opened and clicked numbers in the upper part of the report might be different from the numbers in the graph.
The Opens, Clicks, Forwards, Subscribed, and Unsubscribed numbers as displayed in the bar graph reflect the unique totals, not the gross total. The data with the email information shows the total or gross numbers. Hence the data in the upper part of the report is almost always a larger number than the data in the graph.
Creating the performance report
The performance report provides key metrics for emails, which enable users to easily see differences between selected messages. You can compare the performance of up to 24 emails in the Classic View and up to 25 emails in the New Reports view.
Perform the following steps to create a Performance Report.
- Open Comparison Reports from the Reports.
- Click Performance.
- The Comparison Report - Compare Activity Between Mailings page opens.
- Click the Shared or Private tab.
- Choose the type of Available Mailings you want to compare from the drop-down menu. The options are:
- Inactive Autoresponder
- Group of Automated Messages
- Click the emails from the Mailing Name column that you want to compare. The email shows in Mailings to Compare.
- Click Run Report.