Contacts not receiving emails
If you have sent an email campaign but contacts report they haven't received it, the best practice is to confirm that it was sent and received.
It's possible one of the following scenarios occurred:
- The email was sent to the contact, but it was blocked by their company firewall or flagged as spam and forwarded to their spam/junk folder.
- The email address was misspelled or contained illegal characters (e.g. !, #, &) and hard-bounced.
- The email address soft bounced due to a temporary email server issue.
- The email address hard bounced because the account no longer exists.
- The email address was suppressed.
Users should check to see if the recipient was suppressed from this email. If so, removing the contact's email address from a suppression list may be necessary.
Viewing all the contacts who did not open an email
You can create a query that displays all contacts who did not open an email.
Follow these steps to create a query that shows all contacts who did not open an email.
- Select the database in which the email was sent.
- Add an appropriate name, select a location, and change the Type to Query.
- Go to Behavior > Email Behavior, and select Has Not and Opened email.
- Click Choose and select the appropriate email and click Done.
- Click Save and Calculate.
- After the query finishes calculating, click the query name to export the list.
Note: There is no way to pull a report of contacts that have yet to open an email. However, there is a way to extract this data.