Export a database, query, or contact list
You can export databases, contact lists, or queries for use in other applications.
- In Data, go to View Data and check the box next to the name of the database to export.
- Click Export.
- Choose the data to export by these selections:
- Export Contacts Only - Exports only valid contacts, no opt-outs or undeliverable
- Export Opt-Outs Only - Exports only contacts who have opted out
- Export Undeliverables Only - Exports only contacts whose email is undeliverable
- Export Contacts, Opt-Outs, Snoozes and Undeliverables - Exports all contacts
- Export Snoozes Only - Exports only contacts who are snoozed.
- Only export contacts last modified between - Use the calendar to select the date range. Dates must be in the exact format.
- Then, select the Field Selector (Optional).
To select the field(s) you want to include in your file, click Include these fields from the database for each Contact.
- Select the file format for your export file.
For system fields with date values and fields that are assigned the Date type, you may need to use the Date Field Formatting option.
- Click Next and then submit the data job. Note: You can download exported files by going to Content > Stored Files under in the Private folder.
Exporting contacts on a recurring basis
There is no way to set up a recurring export, similar to a recurring import, for contacts in Acoustic Campaign. However, with some creativity, you can overcome this limitation.
To export contacts on a recurring basis, you can set up a program that makes use of a lead route. The entry criteria to the program should reflect which contacts you want to be exported. Because the lead route report contains only new contacts, you might need to use the Allow Contacts To Repeat Program option.
After you set entry criteria, add and set up a lead route object to your canvas. When you configure the lead route, you have options to control the frequency of this report. You can also order the fields you're exporting to be in any order you need. Remember, if you need contacts to repeat the program, make sure to attach an exit object to the lead route.
In this way, you can either set up a recurring export or bundle your score alerts into a less frequent notification.
Export a relational table query
You can export a relational table query to use in other programs.
- Go to Data.
- Click the Relational Tables tab.
- Select a relational table.
- Click the Queries tab and then click the name of the relational table query name you want to export.
- Click Export.
- Follow the instructions on the Export contact source page to submit the Data job.
Export multiple contact lists by creating a query
- Go to Queries and then choose Create under Data.
- Select the Database you'd like to create the query from.
Note: You must choose a database that has multiple contact lists associated with it.
- Criteria should be Contact Is In and then choose the list you'd like to pull information from by clicking on the icon. Any other criteria should use the Operator Is In List and then you will have to manually enter the list names.
- Click Add.
- Add any other criteria you would like to see.
- Click Save & Calculate.
- Export the results of the query.
Export a suppression list or master suppression list
- Go to Data.
- Select the Suppression Lists tab.
- Select the name of the suppression list you want to export.
- Click Export Suppression List in the top right corner of the page.
- Choose the option that matches the information you want to export.
Note: While suppression lists appear like regular databases, they do not use opt-outs the same way. Choose Export Contacts, Opt-Outs, Snoozes and Undeliverables to export all contacts.
- Click Next and then click Submit.
- Click Data Job ID to view job status and details.
- When the job is complete, click Download and enter your password when prompted.
Considerations for exporting databases
When you export a database, you might encounter some of the issues described here.
Invalid filename errors
If you get an invalid filename error when you attempt to download export files or lists, one of the following may be the cause.
- The file name may be too long.
- The file name already exists.
- The file name contains illegal characters (like '&').
You can change the name as follows.
- Check the checkbox next to the file to be exported, then click Rename from the toolbar.
- Enter a shorter name for the file. Keep the .ZIP or .CSV extension.
- Click OK.
Abbreviated export contacts
Out of 2.5 million contacts within the Acoustic Campaign database, when exporting the list, approximately 1 million are on the Excel spreadsheet. Why?
This is a limitation of Excel. The solution is to segment the database into multiple parts and then export it. Please note the following:
- Versions of Excel earlier than Excel 97 have a limit of 16,384 rows.
- Versions of Excel later than Excel 2003 have a limit of 1,048,576 rows.
Plus signs (+) in exported files
Spaces in exported file names may be replaced with plus signs (+) when downloaded from the Acoustic Campaign UI. For example, a file named 'Client Support April 2021.CSV' will be named 'Client+Support+April+2021.CSV' when exported via the Acoustic Campaign UI.
When exported via SFTP, the plus signs (+) are not added and this method can be used as a work-around if needed.
Blank values in opt-in details
Opt-in details might show a blank value for some of the email addresses in the Excel spreadsheet that is derived by exporting a suppression list.
A blank value in the export of a suppression list means that this contact was manually added in Acoustic Campaign to this list.