You can edit database settings after creating a database. Database settings set send parameters that are independent of emails.
Edit database settings
- In Data select the database name.
- Click the Settings button.
- Once in the Settings area, you can do the following.
- Set the VMTA to use for sending the database
- Set the Reply To domain if there are multiple domains available to organization databases
- Enable use of a seed list and set its position in the send
- Enable a suppression list
- Enable Send Time Optimization for the database
- Set the number of days that contacts are kept in the database
- Security settings for restricting editing, importing, and exporting for this database only
- Set up and manage recurring imports
- Set mobile settings
- Set GDPR lookup fields
Note: The availability of these settings depends on the permissions and selections established by the Administrators for the system. Organization Administrators have access to all functions - independent of the database or organization settings.
Enable lookup keys
A lookup key is a user-selected data field that allows APIs to update faster. You can enable lookup keys on a flexible database. If you delete or rename a lookup key, the update impacts GDPR processing if the same lookup key is also used as GDPR lookup field.
You can create up to five lookup keys. If you need more fields, contact Support to increase this limit.
If SMS or Mobile App Message is enabled in your organization, then their lookup keys are already selected. These fields do not count against your five field limit.
The values in each selected field uniquely identify a contact.
- In Data, select the database that you want to use.
- Click Settings.
- Click LookUp Keys.
- Click Save.
- In the Status column, check the box next to the fields to be used as lookup fields.
The field limit counter shows how many lookup keys are available.
The selected fields are disabled to prevent changes while the fields are enabled.
After you select fields, the screen refreshes to the Database > Fields tab. A binoculars icon displays next to the lookup field
Note: Fields that are mapped as key fields in the Mobile Settings tab are automatically selected as lookup keys. These fields do not count toward your maximum five field limit. These fields cannot be deselected unless SMS or Mobile Push is disabled.