You can reach more contacts by correcting contact data that causes problems or sending failures.
Clicking the Validate Data button on the database summary page produces a CSV file that includes the contacts with invalid data and a description of the problems found. You can download the file, edit the data, and then go to your database, select Import > Update existing to update the database with the corrected contact values.
- From the Database Summary page, click the Validate Data button.
- Review the details of the Validate Database Data Job, click the Submit button to continue (or Cancel to return to Database Summary).
- Click Data Job ID: XXXXXX to continue.
After the Data Job completes, the Data Job Detail displays, which can include:
- Results of the validation, which you can download as a CSV file.
- A count of the contacts that returned with data validation concerns.
- A sample of the results for quick review.
The CSV file contains the values in the database, along with an additional Validation Errors column that provides feedback on possible errors. Enter edits and corrections directly into the CSV file, and save them. Then execute a database import to update the existing database.