Sometimes you need a place to store some downloadable assets such as PDF files either for emails or from other landing pages.
There are a few approaches to take. Either create a page on an existing site or multiple pages on an existing site, which simply stores several different downloadable assets. You could even create a whole new Landing Page site just for assets to use in other places.
An alternative approach is to use the Insert from Asset Library tool. When assets are added, simply publish the Page and then once published, you can right-click on the asset you want to obtain the direct URL to use in other pages or emails. Once you copied the URL of an asset download link, you can paste as a normal Tracked Link in other locations such as other landing pages or emails.
In this example, a new page is created on an existing site. A PDF file is uploaded to the Asset Library that is used in other Landing Page sites.
- Go to Landing Pages and click the name of the landing page.
- Go to the Manage Site tab and click New Page.
- On the new page, add some text to set the link too or create an image for the link then click on the link building icon tool.
- Next, add an appropriate Link Name and set the Link type to: 'Link to File'. Select file from Asset Library.
- The PDF is available for selection.
- The result is either a clickable link or a clickable image.