View published mobile app messages
View a summary of any mobile app message that was published in the mobile app message draft for use in Programs or API. Deleted published messages will become unavailable and cannot be retrieved. Those already in use in a configured Program step will continue to send until the step is un-configured.
- Go to Content > Mobile Messages. The Mobile messages and templates page opens.
- Click the Published tab.
- View the list of published messages:
- Message name: The same as the delivery name in the notification.
- ID: Shows a ContentID that is generated when a message is published. You will need this when making API calls.
- Push campaign name: The campaign name used in the draft's delivery information.
- Published: Shows the date/time the message was published in the draft.
- Click the message name to open the summary page. You can see the message details for each configured device:
- Message name: The message name that identifies the template.
- Apps: The app group attached to the message.
- Contact source: The contact list or database used to send to contacts.
- Message type: Type of mobile app message created in the draft.
- Throttling: Shows if throttling was enabled.
- Message saved in: Location where the message is saved in your organization.
- Expiration date: If configured in the draft, shows the date and time the message will expire and cannot be viewed in the app.
- Send status: Shows if the message was published.
Edit a published message
You can edit any type of published mobile message on any platform; however, you cannot edit a mobile message that was published by another user, but you may copy it.
To edit a published message:
- Go to the Mobile messages and templates page and then click the Published tab.
- After you locate the message, click the Edit icon.
Note: After a message is in Edit mode, it cannot be copied or deleted until it is republished.
- When you edit the message, create a unique delivery name. If you want, you can change the message settings and content and then republish the message.
You can see the republished message on the Published page. It replaces the original message and is identified by the original content ID. If the original message is used in API calls, future API calls use the republished message.
Edit a published message without republishing
If you start editing any published mobile app message but do not republish it, the message remains in Edit mode and can be found on the Select message draft page. You can change the edited message at any time and then republish it. However, you cannot cancel the editing of a published message. You must republish the draft even if there is no change after it is in editing mode.
Reuse a published mobile message
You can copy any type of published mobile app message on any platform. The originally published message remains unchanged.
On the Published page, find the message. Then, go to the Actions column and click the Copy icon. Open the copy of the message draft and rename it. If you want, you can change the message settings and content and then send, schedule, or publish the message.
The copied message is considered a new message, so you can copy a message that was published by another user. However, if the published message is being edited by another user, you cannot copy it.
Use a republished mobile message in an active program
To use the republished message that was edited, you must manually deactivate the program and update the mobile app message program step with the republished mobile app message.