Customer Relationship Management (CRM) refers to the best practices, strategies, and technologies that companies use to manage and analyze customer interactions and data throughout the customer lifecycle. CRM is a heavily automated solution for all aspects of the customer journey. And by improving the customer experience, organizations that invest in CRM are seeing extremely positive results.
CRM systems are designed to compile information on customers across different channels or points of contact between the customer and the company which could include the company's website, telephone, live chat, direct mail, marketing materials, and social media. CRM systems can also give customer-facing staff detailed information on customers' personal information, purchase history, buying preferences, and concerns.
CRM software consolidates customer information and documents it into a single CRM database so business users can access and manage it more easily. Broadly, CRM most often refers to the specific tools, usually a web application or software, that allow organizations to focus their attention on individual customers and associates. The 'i' in CRMi indicates how our systems integrate with a user's CRM system.
Acoustic Campaign for Salesforce
Acoustic Campaign for Salesforce provides marketers seamlessly integrated, point-and-click tools that synchronize CRM data and email marketing activity.
CRM is primarily a relational-data infrastructure that consolidates customer-based information with sales-oriented workflow management that enables companies to manage, analyze, and use their customer relationships.
Customer Relationship Management methods are processes that companies use to interact with customers, before, during, and after a purchase. Several software applications exist to help manage and automate these processes, with the current most popular in the United States being Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
The integration results in improved relevance of marketing messages and a clear view into marketing activity for Salesforce users. No longer do marketing and sales must work with siloed databases as the Silverpop for Salesforce integration syncs data so that both departments are working with the most up-to-date information. The integration enables you to sync up to 400 Salesforce fields at no additional charge and use an intuitive point-and-click mapping tool to manage all aspects of the synchronization.
With Acoustic Campaign for Salesforce, you can:
- Synchronize real-time syncing of data between the two platforms by providing visibility into all customer actions and marketing activity.
- Manage the flow of information between the two platforms with field-level bidirectional syncing through a visual mapping tool.
- Provide your sales team real-time insight into what actions your leads and contacts are taking across your website, email activity, downloads, form submissions, or any other meaningful behaviors.
- Enable your sales representative and support personnel the ability to communicate directly with your customers and prospects by sending approved emails or by adding them to a nurture series directly from within the Salesforce interface.
- Alert assigned sales representatives when a lead or contact takes a meaningful action - by email or through the creation of a task of chatter post.
- Score on behavioral or demographic criteria and use as a trigger to assign to sales and ensure that they get only the most qualified and active leads.
- Build customized reports that combine marketing activities with Salesforce performance to determine the activities that are having the highest impact.
If you are an existing Acoustic Campaign customer and would like to add Campaign for Salesforce to your account, contact your relationship manager.
How to configure and enable the CRM integration
- Install the appropriate Salesforce package in your Salesforce organization.
- Configure your Salesforce organization to enable the Salesforce package.
- Configure Campaign for the Salesforce package.
The current documentation is applicable for the following Silverpop CRMi editions:
- Sync contact data in Campaign with Leads, Contacts, and Accounts in Salesforce.
- Individual fields can be synced one way or bi-directionally.
- Historical data can be extracted from Salesforce or Campaign when mapping fields for an initial activation or adding a new field to an existing integration.
- If you update a Salesforce account, the mapped fields of Campaign contacts belonging to that account are updated.
- Create a campaign and campaign participants in SFDC if requested when sending an email in Campaign.
- Sync contact level email history to SFDC.
- Sync aggregate metrics to campaigns in SFDC through:
- Create CRM Campaign from Campaign Send email screen.
- Send Silverpop email button from SFDC Campaign.
- Configure Campaign Web Forms to sync Campaign contact to SFDC as a new Lead on Submit. (Form Settings: Sync record to CRM on submit).
- Configure Campaign Web Forms to sync Campaign contact to SFDC as a new Lead and add them as a Campaign Member to an existing SFDC Campaign. (Form Settings: Default Campaign Code / Campaign Status).
- Configure Campaign Programs to sync Campaign contact to SFDC as new Lead. (Action: Sync Contact with CRM).
- Configure Campaign Programs to add Campaign contact to existing SFDC Campaign. (Action: Add Contact to Campaign).
- Configure rules within a Program based on the Opportunity Stage. (Program Entry Criteria, Decision Points, Update Profile Data, and so on).
- Sync Lead Score, Behavior Score, and Lead Rank to SFDC.
- Create alerts in SFDC in the form of tasks.
- View Contact Insight® report within Salesforce.
- Enable sales representative to put synchronized leads/contacts into Program Campaign.
- Send Campaign emails from Salesforce.
- Individual Lead or Contact
- Campaign members
- Sync Opportunities to Campaign.
- Import a CSV file into the Campaign that enables new records to be created as new Leads in SFDC.
- Manually create Campaign Contact and enable it to also be created as a new Lead in SFDC.
- Configure the Campaign Scoring Model to automatically send the Campaign contact to SFDC as a new Lead when a user-defined score threshold is met or exceeded.
- Include opportunity stage within Campaign query logic.
- Send an email from a Person Account.
Note: Salesforce CRMi integration module provides limited support for Salesforce Lightning user interface. All Acoustic Campaign-CRMi features are supported with the Lightning user interface except for the following features:
Salesforce IP restrictions
Acoustic Campaign's Salesforce integration connects to Salesforce APIs via a Salesforce user and supplied credentials including a security token.
The typical error when a login attempt is restricted due to IP restrictions is: An unexpected error has occurred, please try again later. If this error persists, please contact the Support Team.
When Salesforce administrators configure IP Login restrictions while not using Security Tokens for API access, the CRM credentials will not validate when entered in Campaign unless the appropriate IP is added to Salesforce. The static IP of the Campaign integration server is [ 22.214.171.124 ]. For Pod 9, the IP of the Campaign integration server is [ 126.96.36.199 ].
Network Access is the organization level of IP whitelisting, however, if IP's are also being managed at the CRM Profile level, this IP must be added at the CRM profile level.
Setup > Security > Controls > Network Access
Setup > Admin > Manage Users > Profiles > System Administrator > Login IP Ranges.
Integrate multiple Salesforce environments with one Campaign environment
You cannot integrate multiple Salesforce environments with one Campaign environment.
The integration model between Salesforce and Campaign is built to support synchronization between one Salesforce environment and a single Campaign database.
Identify the Salesforce edition of your organization
If you would like to check what Salesforce Edition your organization is using, login to Salesforce, click Setup and click on Administer, which displays your Salesforce edition.