Acoustic Campaign offers two types of syncing options with Salesforce integration. You can choose the option that best suits your business needs. The choice that you make determines whether all the unconverted Leads and Contacts automatically synchronize from Salesforce to Campaign, or you have only the Salesforce records that you flag for sync through a check box field pulled into Campaign.
Syncing options from Salesforce to Campaign
To select an option in Campaign, navigate to the Manage CRM screen and click the Setting Tab.
Option 1: Sync all Leads and Contacts present in Salesforce.
Choose this option if you need all Leads and Contacts to sync with Campaign. The system always pulls all unconverted Leads and Contacts into Campaign. Deactivate the two custom validation rules on the Lead and Contact object in Salesforce.
Note: If you choose this option, it is not required to place the Campaign check box fields on the Lead or Contact page layouts. The field is not used when Sync all Leads and Contacts option is selected and would raise unnecessary questions from Salesforce users.
Option 2: Sync only those Leads and Contacts where Sync to Acoustic Campaign option is checked in Salesforce.
Choose this option to sync selected Leads/Contacts from Salesforce. If this option is selected, the system pulls all the unconverted Leads and Contacts into Campaign that has the Sync to Acoustic Campaign checked in Salesforce.
To do this, activate the two custom validation rules on the Lead and Contact object in Salesforce. Clearing the Sync to Acoustic Campaign check box field inside Salesforce is not supported, nor does it remove the record from Campaign.
Note: The default selection is Sync only for those Leads and Contacts where Sync to Acoustic Campaign option is checked in Salesforce. This setting will be non-editable after the sync is activated for the first time. Ensure that you choose your option wisely.
Maintenance responsibilities when the sync feature is enabled
Whether you implement the Sync to Acoustic Campaign check box filter requirement inside Salesforce is a decision you must make before going live. You must implement this feature if you have a reason not to sync various unconverted Leads and Contacts from Salesforce to Campaign. For whatever reason, you choose not to sync all to Campaign, implement a process within Salesforce that checks the box when necessary.
Keep the following Salesforce techniques in mind while you implement your integration to use the Sync to Acoustic Campaign check box filter feature inside Salesforce:
- For the initial sync, complete a mass update of all the Salesforce unconverted leads and/or contacts you would like to sync, setting the sync to Campaign to true.
- Use the Salesforce Workflow/Field Updates to check the sync to Campaign when the workflow rule is valid.
- For example, the workflow might evaluate if the lead or contact has an email address and check sync to Campaign only if there is an email address.
- Workflow/Field Updates might not be available in all editions of Salesforce. If you are unsure, contact Salesforce.
- Ask your sales reps to check the box when they add a new lead or contact.
- When you complete the Salesforce imports, include a column for the sync to Campaign field and set it to true for any record you want to sync to Campaign.
Note: The Sync to Acoustic Campaign check box filter feature is not meant to be toggled from checked to cleared. After you check the feature, you will not be able to change the decision in the future. That is, reversing a syncing record to not sync is not supported.
If we uncheck the Acoustic Campaign check box filter, does that contact record get deleted from acoustic? Or does that contact record stop syncing with Salesforce?
Please sign in to leave a comment.