You can configure your own settings and mappings by using the Manage CRM tool in Acoustic Campaign. On the “Field Mappings” tab (Working Copy), Salesforce.com fields that are associated with each tab and are eligible to be mapped with Acoustic Campaign.
The field mapping exercise allows you to indicate how data for each mapped field will sync. It's up to you to decide the nature of the field and which system should be able to synchronize an update.
CRM to Acoustic Campaign Only - Updates only flow from CRM to Acoustic Campaign.
Acoustic Campaign to CRM Only - Updates only flow from Acoustic Campaign to CRM. This option is suitable for Acoustic Campaign scoring model fields.
Bidirectional - Updates synchronize back and forth once the mapping is initialized. Bidirectional initialization simply means that the “Initially pull data from” drop-down selection which is also necessary to choose for this direction has been satisfied. The “Pull all historical data” selection forces a complete re-sync when activating your changes. This will satisfy the bidirectional initialization. Otherwise, if the record has naturally synchronized due to a modification, initialization will occur, but only for those records.
Field mapping exceptions:
- During an INSERT to the target system, the mapping direction is ignored because there is not yet a record to conflict with. Mapping direction is enforced during UPDATE when two records are already synchronized.
- Email is hard coded to “Bidirectional” for Leads and Contacts. It cannot be edited.
- com “Formula” field types may only be “CRM to Acoustic Campaign Only”.
- com “Account” fields may only be “CRM to Acoustic Campaign Only”.
- com “Lookup” fields may only be “CRM to Acoustic Campaign Only”.
- Acoustic Campaign scoring model fields should be set to “Acoustic Campaign to CRM Only”.