Bi-Directional Syncing allows Microsoft™ Dynamics CRMi users to send and receive updated data records between Acoustic Campaign and Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Use bi-directional syncing for new or existing Acoustic Campaign fields is mapped to Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Leads and Contacts do not have to have the same mappings. You can map specific fields on a Lead, but not map those same fields for the Contact.
- When you change a record in Microsoft Dynamics or Acoustic Campaign, all of the mapped fields are moved over to the other system. The data in a field can be overwritten, regardless of which system is considered the system of record, even if the change was not a mapped field.
- To minimize risks, take care when mapping fields from Acoustic Campaign to Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Back up your data in all systems before you start the bi-directional sync.
Synchronization issues can occur when processing records between the two systems. Although processing typically takes 10 minutes, scheduled updates might take longer due to larger data jobs. Also, updates to a field in both systems might occur at the same time.
- Scribe: Export your existing Scribe maps.
- Acoustic Campaign: Export your Acoustic Campaign data to a CSV.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM: Back up your data according to Microsoft Dynamics specifications. See your CRM Administrator for details.
Note: Account fields are not bi-directional. Account fields are only synced from CRM to Acoustic Campaign.