You can send emails to contacts either immediately or on a schedule. To send or schedule an email, open your email and click Review and send. You can then edit and configure settings for the email before sending or scheduling.
Setup your email
On the Enter email details tab, you can change the contact list, calculate the send count, and edit the subject line.
On the Address Settings tab, you can provide values for the from name, from address, and reply to address fields. You can use personalization on any of these fields. You should use the same domain for the from address and reply-to address to reduce the chance that you might be blocked by ISPs.
On the Delivery options tab, you can adjust settings for following:
- Inbox monitoring generates a report that identifies where contacts received specified emails. This setting is only available if the organization setting is not disabled.
- Delivery optimization includes throttling and send time optimization (STO).
- Use throttling to regulate the maximum number of emails sent each hour, which can control traffic to your website after large emails.
- Use send time optimization to send email when your users are most likely to open it. For complete details on STO, refer to Send time optimization.
- Maximum number of messages per contact is a frequency control setting to limit the number of emails that are sent to contacts. You can change this setting only if you have permission.
- Email body format in either HTML or text
- The Use custom opt-out link option is available only if you have permission to change the opt-out link organization settings and there is more than one option.
- Tagging is populated from the selected template. The list includes all tags that are available for your organization.
On the A/B testing page, you can set up a test for different versions of your subject line, from name or combinations of those. For details, refer to A/B testing.
If you use Analytics or CRM for your website, you can use integrations settings in the organization settings to add site analytics parameters to links in the email. The following values must be set:
- Analytics package: If enabled, shows the analytics package for the organization.
- Append string for links: Displays only when analytics integration is enabled for the organization and you have permission to change these settings.
- Email specific parameter: Displays input data.
On the Suppression settings page, select the suppression list to use for this email. You can add multiple suppression lists to an email and calculate the number of suppressed contacts in the contact source.
Test your email
On the Test settings page, you can send a test to a contact list or to an individual addresses. The fields on this page are populated from the selected email template. However, the following fields can be modified:
- Subject line
- Email name
- Test address settings
- Test email body
Finalize your email
Once the email send process is complete, you cannot recall or retrieve email.
On the Check email health page, you can view errors and possible problems with the email. For more details, refer to Email health check.
To configure the date and time of when the email is sent, navigate to the Scheduled this email page. You can send the email now or set a time for the email to go out. If you schedule the email, you also select a time to process contact source. For more information on scheduled emails, refer to Scheduled email.
On the Confirm and send page, preview the email and review all your settings. To send the email click either Send now or Send as scheduled.
Prevent reserved emails from being sent
When an email is throttled, Campaign calculates how many emails to send each hour until the send is complete. If the email is paused for an hour and then resumed, catches up and sends what it would have sent to that point.
A 200,000 recipient list email that is set to throttle at 2,000 per hour for a total sending time of over 100 hours. The email is paused for 2 weeks and then resumes. Since 2 weeks is more than 100 hours, the emails are all sent immediately.
However, you can prevent "catching up." To prevent the reserved email from being sent, take the following steps.
- Cancel the current send.
- Create a query that identifies contacts who weren't sent the email.
- Use this query as the contact source for resending the email.
Carbon copy (cc) an address at send
There is not a way to cc an address with your emails in Acoustic Campaign. You can, however, create a seed list. A seed list is a list of email addresses that you can set up to send messages to for each email. Or you can explore the Blind Carbon Copy (BCC) feature, also known as Duplicate Message Send. To learn more about this feature, contact Support.
Send a locked email
You can send locked, editable emails the same way you send other emails. However, you cannot send published locked emails. You can only use published locked emails to create new locked, editable emails.
- If you send a locked email with no personalization, the content areas are substituted with the specialized content.
- If no content is specified and the content area has a default value, the default value is used for the content area.
- If no content is specified and the content area is not required, a blank replaces the area.
- If no content is specified and the content area is required, the system gives a validation error and does not allow the email to be sent.
- You can send a test email with personalization. As with a normal email, complete both the personalization and content areas.
When an email is sent from Campaign, a referring URL briefly appears before automatically directing to the final URL. There is no way to predict what the referring URL will be prior to sending because each URL has different sequential information that is generated at the time of send.
Example of a referring URL:
The link query string components
: Links Domain (Link Farm)
: Click Through Tracking servlet
: Click ID of the link
: Encoded Mailing ID
: Encoded Recipient ID
: Body Type (HTML or TEXT or WEB?)
: Encoded Job ID
: Sending Type (0 is Regular, 1 is Other, 2 is Unknown)
: Recipient Type (normal (0), forward (1), suppressed (2), or seed (3))
Scheduled and sent email
From the Scheduled and sent tab, you can view email results and manage all of your scheduled and sent emails. Use the filter to view email by status: sent, scheduled, or cancelled. You can copy any email on the tab to use as a new email.
In this view, the following calculations are used:
- Opens % is calculated as the # of Unique Opens % / # of Delivered x 100
- Clicks % is calculated as the # of Unique Clicks / # of Delivered x 100
To view a summary of the sent email details and preview the content, click the email name to open the details page. The email details include subject line, contact source, and email size. Additional details include the mailing ID, address information, and more. In the Preview window, you can view the content of the email and the images used. You can also replace an image on the Images tab. Keep in mind that the new image should be the same size as the image that is being replaced.
If an email's status is scheduled, you can unschedule it. When an email is unscheduled, its status is changed to cancelled and it cannot be rescheduled.
Error: Unable to get list. List is offline and not available for recipient actions
This message indicates that the selected contact source for your email was archived. To resolve this issue, associate an active contact source to the email before you resend.
Error: Maximum number of columns in a table or view is 1000
An email failed to send and resulted in the error:
Maximum number of columns in a table or view is 1000
This email failed because the total number of fields or columns in the criteria of all queries that are referenced by the contact source exceeds 1,000. There is a hard limit that each query can evaluate only 1,000 fields or columns. This error is common when there are multiple "is" and "is not" statements in the query criteria. Each referenced query might evaluate a number of fields. If the total number of fields that are referenced exceeds 1,000, the email send fails.
To resolve this issue, cancel the email and rebuild the query that your email sends to, making sure that the criteria combination does not exceed 1,000.
- Parent database contains 300 fields.
- Queries A - D reference the parent database
- Query E checks whether a contact is in queries A - D, which results in a query that must reference 1200 fields. Although the query can run in the UI, any emails sent to this query fail.
In this case, the solution is to export Query E, and then import it as a contact list for the parent database.
Warning: Email contains a reply-to address with a domain not properly designated for reply handling
This warning message appears because you tried to send an email that uses a reply domain that is not authenticated with the correct DNS records. The list of authenticated reply domains are in Administration > Organization Settings > Email Response Settings.
When your organization was set up, Campaign created the DNS records for your "from" and "reply" domains. These records are used to authenticate the validity of the message and the sender.
Using a different, non-authenticated domain can create a few issues.
- Many of the major ISPs look at these DNS records and decide whether to place that mail in the inbox or in the spam folder.
- There could be an impact on the reply domain that is used in the mailing. Many clients use the company domain name. It is possible that a bad send could get that domain name blocked at an ISP, which might impact your company's email delivery.
To resolve the issue, contact Client Support.
Error trying to build Image tags. Unknown xt attribute: SPCLICK
This error message is usually generated when there are improperly formatted HTML tags, such as empty tags, or unclosed
img tags in the comments section immediately preceding your image. If you remove the improperly formatted image tag, the email should send properly.
If you see the error and the comments in your template are similar to the following example, replace
<!-- begin <img> tag below - must be 327px width and height. Needs to be adjusted in the CSS above. -->