You can use various methods to extract sessions to LTS.
- Extract sessions in bulk from the Session List page in Portal or by setting up a cxVerify task.
- Export individual sessions (canister sessions or TLA sessions) from Browser Based Replay
Information in the following sections describes how to extract and export sessions to LTS and how to open sessions from LTS in Browser-based replay (BBR).
Extracting multiple sessions to LTS
You can extract multiple sessions to long-term storage (LTS) from the Portal. The extraction process runs in the background, so you can continue working in the Portal unencumbered.
Using the Session Search feature, search for the visitor sessions that you want to
A list of matching sessions is displayed in the Session List page.
From the Session List page, select Extract LTS.
A message is displayed, providing details about the extract operation.Note: The Server name listed in the message is the name of the server to which the files are extracted, which might or might not map to the Portal server.
Exporting a single session to long-term storage (LTS)
You can export a single session to long-term storage (LTS) from Browser-based replay (BBR).
You can export the following types of sessions:
- A canister session, where you load the session from the Search portal to BBR.
- A TLA session, where you load a TLA of a session into BBR.
- Load the session to Browser Based Replay.
From the menu bar, select Session > Export as LTS.
An LTS zip file is downloaded to your local file system in standard fashion.
Creating a cxVerify task to extract multiple sessions to long-term storage (LTS)
You can extract multiple sessions to long term storage (LTS) by creating a cxVerify task.
- From the Portal, navigate to cXVerify.
- On the General task configuration page, fill out the form to schedule the extraction job and make sure that you select the LTS as the Extraction Type.
- When you finish configuring the cxVerify task to extract sessions for LTS, click Save.
Replaying sessions from an LTS file
You can use Browser Based Replay to open an LTS file and replay the session.
From the menu bar in Browser Based Replay, select
Session > Open Session.
You can open a session from a TLA or an LTS file.
Navigate to the LTS file and open it in BBR.
Note: Replay rules are applied during replay.
- Use BBR features to replay and analyze the session.
Replaying an LTS file from an extracted PDF session file
To replay an LTS file from an extracted PDF session file, follow the steps listed here.
- Open the PDF extracted file.
- Right-click on the icon in the upper left corner.
- Select Save Embedded File to Disk.
- Save the resulting file TLS to a convenient location on your system.
- Open replay with the link:
- Click on the Session menu and select Open Session.
- Browse to the saved TLS file.
- Open the saved TLS file to replay the session.
- To display replay rules, separate the TLS file into a TLA file, and display logs for the
session, follow these steps:
- Copy the TLS file.
- Rename the copy of the TLS file to the same name but with a .ZIP extension.
- Extract the .ZIP file to see a TLA file and the ReplayServerProfile.xml replay rules captured along with the TLS file.
- Open the TLA in RTV or BBR.
- Review the request pages to insure the appropriate static content is present in the TLA file.