In some enterprise environments, access to Tealeaf servers may not be available universally. An administrator can use the Get File and Put File commands to retrieve and write files to specific servers without having direct server access.
You can use the Get File command to acquire specified files from the selected server for local editing and resubmission.
- Enter the filename in the textbox.
- Select the server from which to acquire the file.
- Click Get File.
TMS scans the server's Tealeaf install directory and sub-directories for the file.
- You may choose to open the file or save it locally for editing.
After you retrieved and edited a file locally, you can click the Put File command to post the file to the original server or to other servers in the Tealeaf environment.
To put a file:
- To select the file, click Browse. Navigate to select the file to put. Click Open.
- Enter the target directory on the server where you wish to place the file.
- To place the file in the Tealeaf install directory, leave a blank value in the textbox.
- To place the file in the Reporting directory within the Tealeaf install directory, enter:
- Select the server on which to place the file.
- To save the existing file as a renamed file, click the checkbox. The filename of the original is appended with
- Click Put File.
The selected file is placed on the selected server in the designated directory.
- Repeat the above steps if you wish to propagate the file to other Tealeaf servers.