Privacy keys are used for encryption and decryption by the Privacy Filter, which is available in the CX Passive Capture Application and in the Windows™ pipeline as a session agent. These keys are managed by Search Server and are automatically retrieved during session replay as needed for decryption.
Privacy keys can be generated through the Search Server configuration in TMS.
- Log into the Portal as an administrator.
- From the Portal menu, navigate to TMS.
- Click the WorldView tab.
- For the desired server, drill-down to the Search Server component.
- Select Search Server configuration.
- Click View.
- In the Config Info dialog, click Edit to start Search Configuration.
Click the first Modify button in the Authentication section.Note: You must have either NT Authentication or Portal Authentication enabled to get to the privacy key options.
- If you don't see groups listed under User Groups, you can add them.
- After you have one or more user groups listed, you can assign privacy keys.
Creating Privacy Keys
Only one privacy key can be assigned to a group. If multiple privacy keys are required, you must create a group for each key and assign users to the groups as needed.
- Select a group in the User Groups listbox and click Edit Privacy Key.
- Select the desired cipher from the dropdown. Click Add New Key to create a new key.
- To assign it to the group, select the new key from the dropdown at the top of the dialog.
If you need to use a key ID and key value in the Privacy session agent configuration file, then
copy them from the Privacy Key dialog at this time. You can use standard Windows keyboard shortcuts to copy the values from the fields and then
paste them into
For example, the above key ID and value should be pasted into the
[Keys]section in the following format:
For the user group, you should now see Yes in the Privacy session agent Key Assigned column.
- Repeat this process for all groups for which data is encrypted.
- When you are finished assigning privacy keys to groups, click OK to commit the changes.
Adding or deleting privacy keys (independent of authentication settings)
The list of available privacy keys is displayed in the Privacy Keys dialog. You can create new privacy keys in this dialog without having to set up groups in the Authentication dialog first.
- To create a new privacy key, select the cipher to use from the drop-down. Then, click Add Key. A privacy key is generated and displayed.
- To remove a created privacy key, select the key and click Delete Key. The key is removed.
To manually create a privacy key, click Enter Key.
- From the Cipher drop-down, select the method of encryption to use for the key.
- Enter the unique privacy key identifier in the space provided.
- Enter the privacy key value. To generate a unique ID, click Generate New Key Value.
- To save the entered privacy key, click OK.