Through the Canister configuration, you can modify limits that affect the maximum permitted size of indexed words and indexed files.
When the Indexer writes index files to storage, they are saved in separate directories for each
day. When the size of the indexing files in a directory grows above the
Size, a new directory is created, and new empty indexes are written to it. Subsequent
indexing operations write to the new directory.
By default, the size of index directories is limited to 250 MB, which should enable the indexing of a day's session traffic for a medium-sized customer. This setting can be changed as needed. The maximum value for this setting is 2048 MB.
Maximum Index Size. If you must keep the size of the directory below this maximum size, set the value of
Maximum Index Sizeto 30% less than the maximum desired size.
Through TMS, you can configure indexing options.
To view or edit indexing configuration settings:
- Login to the Portal as an admin user.
- From the Portal menu, navigate to TMS.
- In the Servers view, select the desired server to drill down to components.
- Select the Session Indexer component to display the configurations.
- Select Index Service configuration.
- In the Config Actions panel, click View/Edit.
- The Indexing configuration tabs are displayed.