Dashboard components can be placed into one or more dashboard tabs. Each dashboard tab contains the components that are defined by the creator of the dashboard.
A dashboard tab is composed on multiple dashboard components, which are independent pieces of dashboards. Each dashboard component panel contains a graphical or numerical display of the component's content.
Components can be placed into one or more tabs. Each tab contains the components that are defined by the creator of the dashboard. Each component has controls for editing, drill-down, and refresh.
If you own the dashboard, any changes to the layout are saved and are applied to other users who are sharing your dashboard. Otherwise, changes to the layout for a dashboard that you do not own are temporary.
Multiple dashboards can use the same component. If you change the component in one dashboard, it affects all instances of the component in other dashboards.
Accessing dashboard component templates
Use a preconfigured set of dashboard component templates to build your suite of dashboard components to include Portal report data in your dashboards. You can find information about the dashboard component templates with their property descriptions.
From the Portal menu, select
Configure > Dashboards.
The Dashboards screen is displayed.
- In the left navigation panel, click the Configuration category.
- Select the Components link.
- In the main panel, click Component Templates.
- In the Component Type panel in the middle, select the type of component.
- In the Component panel on the right, select the component template to use as the basis for building your own component.
- To create a component from the selected template, click the + icon.
Adding components to a dashboard
You can add components to a dashboard.
Dashboard names are displayed as folders. Clicking a dashboard name reveals the individual tabs of that dashboard where the component is displayed.
- Select Available Components.
- In the Component Type panel, select the type of component to add.
- Select the component in the Component panel.
- Above the Visible On panel, click the + sign.
In the dialog, click the dashboard name to which you want to add the component. The current
tabs on the selected dashboard are displayed beneath the dashboard name.
- To view the dashboard tab names without the dashboard headings, click the Individually check box.
- To filter the view, select the Filter check box and enter a filter string with which to filter the display. Wildcards are accepted. The display is updated to show only those items whose name contains the filter string.
- Click the name of the tab to which you want to add the component.
Click Select.The Visible On panel is updated.
Editing components in a dashboard
You can edit components in a dashboard.
Select Available Components.The available types of components are displayed in the Component Type panel.
In the Component Type panel, select the component type and the component
If the component is in use, in the Visible On panel you can see the dashboards and tabs where it is displayed.
- To delete a component from the dashboard, in the Visible On panel, click the minus sign.
- Above the Visible On panel, click the Edit icon.
- Edit fields as required.
- Click Save.