If needed, you can rebuild the Short Term Canister, Long Term Archive, and corresponding dtSearch indexes.
Before running the CanRebuild utility, complete the following tasks:
- Back up session data by using the
- Verify that the capture source stopped sending hits to the Canister. You must either stop the capture filter or queue up hits in the Transport Service pipeline with the Extended Decoupler.
Note: The CanRebuild utility works only with a local file system. Do not try to remove the files on a remote database, as the files do not exist.
The CanRebuild utility also deletes all session data. After deleting all data, it then rebuilds the Short Term Canister tables and reads event definitions.
To rebuild the Tealeaf CX datastore:
- Open a command prompt and navigate to the installation directory.
- Enter the following command at the command-line prompt:
CanRebuild.Note: All existing Canister data is destroyed if you do not select
Preserve Session Data.
Rebuild Full Canister
Stops services on the Tealeaf CX Server machine and indexing machine if it is a dual installation. Deletes all session data from the Canister and rebuilds the Canister tables. The Rebuild Full Canister option also deletes the session's corresponding indexes.
Delete Spool Files
If this option is selected, all files containing spooled hits that are stored on the Canister hard disk are deleted. Use this option only if the spooled data is known to be in a corrupted state or otherwise must be removed.
Preserve Session Data
Select this option to preserve the session data that is stored in the Long-Term Canister on the server.Note: If this option is not enabled, all session data on the server, including index files, is deleted as part of the rebuild.
- To perform the Canister rebuild, click Rebuild.