When you click a link in a report table, the corresponding search query is run to return the set of sessions upon which the data was calculated. The Portal completes the search for sessions that contain the specified data within the listed time frame.
Drill-down searches for matching sessions are completed in the Experience Analytics system timezone. They are not completed in the user timezone.
The number of sessions that are retrieved during the search drill-down can differ from the number that is listed in the report for the corresponding reporting period.
Limitations on drill-down searches
There are several limitations on drill-down searches:
- Drill-down links are available for reports with up to 30 whitelist or blacklist values in segments.
- Drill-down links are not available when Top N filtering is applied to x-axis or y-axis dimensions. Drill-downs in the Totals row are not supported for Top N-filtered reports.
- Drill-downs are not permitted on dimension values that are null (
- Drill-downs on reports that use ratios are not supported.
- Drill-downs on the Totals row for Pie Charts are disabled when only events are added to the report.
- Drill-down searches on ratio data in the table grid are not permitted.