Through the Report Manager, you can schedule event, dimension, and Top Mover reports and manage report access. Each Experience Analytics user who creates reports in the Report Builder or the Top Movers page can manage their reports in the Report Manager.
To access the Report Manager, select Configure > Report Manager in the Portal.
In the Report Manager, you can manage multiple types of reports and schedule the execution and delivery of these reports through email.
- Access to the Report Manager page is governed by permissions in your user account.
- Event-based and dimension-based reports are configured in the Report Builder.
- Top Mover reports contain the deviations in values that you choose to track.
- In the Report Manager, you can assign labels for your reports. These labels are useful for organizing how reports are displayed in the report building tools.
- You can also import and export report templates from the Report Manager.
On the Access Permissions tab, you can select the groups that are administrators and users of the selected report.
While additional users can be given administrator permissions to a specified report, the owner of the report is always the creator of it. You cannot reassign ownership of a report.
To share the report, you can allow selected Experience Analytics user groups to be Administrators or Users for the current report.
- Administrators - Users in these groups can view and edit the report. Note: An Administrator may accidentally remove his or her user group from the list, which prevents further editing of the report from those accounts.
- Users - The users in these groups can view the report yet are forbidden from editing it.
Note: If a user group has User or Administrator access to a report, all members can access the report in the Report Builder or Top Movers report.
When you create a report, you are automatically assigned as an Administrator for that report. To create a personal report that is a variation of an existing one, copy the report through the report page.
Reports can be scheduled for execution on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis at any time for a pre-configured reporting period relative to the date of execution. Reports can be delivered to a configured list of email addresses in PDF or Excel format.
Non-administrator users can configure report schedules to which they have viewing or editing permissions. The Experience Analytics administrator can see and configure all schedules.
To create a report schedule, you can click Schedule Report icon or click the Create Schedule link in the second pane. You can create report schedules that are based off other report schedules.
Creating report labels
In the Report Manager, you can create labels for your reports and then assign individual reports that you have created to them. When one or more reports is added to the report label, this value is displayed to all Experience Analytics users who can access the added reports, either through the Report Builder or the Top Movers report page.
A report label is useful for organizing how your reports are displayed in the Report Builder and the Top Movers pages. By assigning labels to reports you create, you can quickly locate and load them when needed.
A report can be assigned to multiple report labels.
All reports are automatically assigned to the Default report label when they are created. You can remove this assignment, if you want.
All reports must belong to at least one report label. If all labels are removed from a report, it is automatically assigned back to the Default label.
- In the Report Manager, click the Labels group in the left navigation pane.
- Click Labels.
- Click Create Report Label.
- Enter a Title value for the report label.
- To save the report label, click Save. The label is listed under Report Labels panel. To cancel creating the report label, click Cancel.
Adding labels to reports
After you create a report label, you can add the label to reports.
- In the Report Builder, click the appropriate group in the left navigation pane. To add labels to Report Builder reports, click the Report Builder group. To add labels to Top Movers reports, click the Top Movers group
- In the selected group, click the Reports link. The list of available reports is displayed.
- Select the report to which you would like to add a label.
- In the General tab, click Add Label.
- In the Label Selector, select one or more labels to apply to the report. To filter the list, enter a filter string in the textbox. The list of available report labels is updated to display only those labels that match the filter.
- To apply the selected report labels to the selected report, click Select. The list of labels is updated in the General tab.
- To save the changes, click Save.
Removing labels from a report
You can removed labels that are no longer needed.
- In the Report Builder, click the appropriate group in the left navigation pane. To remove labels from Report Builder reports, click theReport Builder group. To remove labels from Top Movers reports, click theTop Movers group.
- In the selected group, click theReports link. The list of available reports is displayed.
- Select the report from which you would like to remove a label.
- In the General tab, review the displayed Labels.
- To remove any label, click theX icon next to the label.
- To save the changes, click Save.
Exporting report templates
Through the Portal, you can export scorecard templates, dashboard templates, and templates for Report Builder types for use in other Experience Analytics systems. This feature enables easy migration of reports in development from your test environments to your production environment.
The following limitations apply to importing report templates:
- If an item in a report, such as an event, dimension, or the report itself exists in the destination system, it is used as-is and is not updated. This comparison is based on internal identifiers, instead of display names.
- The report import feature does not provide full support for any scorecards or reports that reference specific dimension values.
- You cannot remap events that are used by a report during the import process.
- You cannot map a report template that is imported to an existing report in the destination system. If five template imports reference a single report, they reference the single instance that is created by the first template import. After you import a report template, you cannot re-import it to overwrite the previous version. You must delete the report in the destination system before you attempt to re-import it.
- Go to the appropriate configuration page:
- To export a scorecard, select Configure > Scorecards in the Portal menu.
- To export a dashboard, select Configure > Dashboards in the Portal menu.
- To export a report, select Configure > Report Manager in the Portal menu.
- Click theReport Templates category.
For scorecards and dashboards, you must select the item to export.
- Then, click Export Template.
For Report Builder reports, the Report Select dialog is displayed. Select the report or reports that you want to export.
- Click Select.
- Click Save. The report template is saved to your local system. Note: Scorecard and report templates are exported in
.tltformat, which is a proprietary format.
Import report templates
Exported or downloaded report templates can be imported into your Experience Analytics system.
- Scorecards must be customized to meet individual requirements of the system on which they are installed. After you import a scorecard, you can add, delete, or modify the events that trigger them.
- During import, the event creation process attempts to use existing event definitions on the
destination system, including events that were previously created as a part of the current import
- For scorecards and dashboards, regardless of how the original events were used in the source template, if any of those events are exact duplicates except for their names, the event on the destination system will be used whenever event definitions between the source and destination systems are determined to be exact matches.
- For Report Builder reports, the logic is improved to selectively import events. For this reason, export and import Report Builder reports first.
- Dependent objects in the report are displayed during the import process.
- Schedules cannot be exported and imported, as the scheduling information can not be valid for the system to which it was imported.