As an administrator, you can validate the syntax and pattern matching of a regular expression by using the Regex Matcher utility.
- Practice writing strings.
- Test that a regular expression is valid and able to be used for advanced replay rules.
To validate the syntax and pattern matching of a regular expression:
- To access the Regex Matcher utility:
- Select Options > Replay Rules > Edit Rules Profile.
- From the Rule Profile Editor, select New > Add ResponseMod.Note: For Mobile sessions, select New > Add MobileMod.
To access Regex Matcher from a response message in the view area of BBR:
- Highlight a text string in the response.
- Right-click and select Create Response Modify Rule.
- In the Create Response Modify Rule dialog box, enter the text for the rule if it has not been pre-filled.
- To test for a valid regex, click the Test.
- To test pattern matching, enter text in the Test pattern
If the pattern matches, the background color in the Test pattern field display in green.