Acoustic Tealeaf cxImpact is customer experience management (CEM) software that performs the following functions:
- Captures each interaction between your visitors and your website.
- Processes the low-level interaction detail to provide alerts, reports, and analysis, plus playback of those interactions.
- Shows you what happened during each visitor's experience with your site.
cxImpact enables website owners to:
- Ensure a good experience for your visitors
- Protect revenue streams
- Reduce application support costs
Businesses rely on web applications to deliver business-critical services. cxImpact addresses the challenge of managing high-volume dynamic websites by providing visibility into the production state of web applications and allowing IT operations to determine whether they are functioning correctly.
cxImpact provides a single data source that captures an audit trail of what each visitor did and saw. Tealeaf users can then analyze, isolate, replicate, and communicate problems.
How cxImpact works
Tealeaf software running on computers in your data center is configured to see every byte of data exchanged between your web servers and your visitors' browsers. Tealeaf passively captures the bi-directional data stream and forwards a copy of each relevant packet of that data to a server running the Tealeaf system.
The figure below shows a typical Tealeaf cxImpact setup with three types of Tealeaf servers.
- Capture Server - The Tealeaf Passive Capture software reassembles TCP/IP packets into HTTP requests and responses for each exchange between visitor and web application. Optionally, uninteresting data can be dropped, and sensitive data can be deleted. The captured combinations of requests and responses (called hits) are then forwarded to another server running the Tealeaf processing software.
- Processing Server (also called Canister Server) - Individual hits sent from the Capture Server are grouped together into a Tealeaf session, which is assembled hit-by-hit to include all web page interactions between a specific visitor and your website. The data contained in this session is scanned for keywords and codes that you have defined. When matches are found, a record of this event is stored for additional processing, including generation of reports and alerts. When the session is complete, the session is indexed for search and written to disk.
- Tealeaf Portal (also called Report Server) - This server's web-based interface allows data analysts, business owners, IT staff, and administrative users to view the status of interactions with your website, with aggregate data reports that display what visitors are doing on your site. Tealeaf users can search the saved visitor sessions and analyze them for common attributes, such as order completion. Individual visitors' sessions can be replayed with the actual data that was sent and received, so a high-fidelity recreation of the visitor's experience can be reviewed.