There are three sample events to identify sessions that originate from a Experience Analytics client framework-enabled application. Two are provided by Experience Analytics and one you create.
This table summarizes events that you can use to identify sessions that originate from a client framework-enabled application:
|client framework||submitted data type||HTTP_X_ TEALEAF value||Detected value||Capturing event|
|UIC for XML||XML||
|UIC for JSON||JSON||
||You must create an event.|
Creating a session attribute to track session type across events
To track the type of session across all of your events, create a session attribute.
Call the attribute
CUI Session Type.
- In the Event Manager, click the Session Attributes tab.
- Click New Session Attribute.
- Define the key properties:
CUI Session Typeor similar.
Description: Enter something similar to the following:
Source of session if it is captured from the client using a client framework.
Populated By: Select one of the events that you created.
- Click Save Draft.
The session attribute is saved.
Editing events to update the session tracking attribute
Modify the events that you want to update the session tracking attribute. If you want mobile session events to update this attribute.
- Click the Events tab.
- Right-click one of the events you created and select Edit Event.
Add the attribute you created to the lists of attributes that this event updates:
- Click the More Options tab.
- To Update Session Attribute, click Select.
- Select the session attribute that you just created.
- Click Save Draft.
- Repeat these steps for the other events you created, for example the mobile event.
- To save all changes, click Save Changes.
When the created events are triggered, they record the value of the event, which is the identifier for the type of CUI session, to the session attribute.
Adding a dimension to be sourced from session attribute
Whenever an event is triggered, the session attribute is updated, and any dimensions associated with the event are updated. A dimension is a piece of contextual information that is recorded when an event fires. You can use dimensions to create reporting filters to segment reporting along the type of client framework session.
Because the events are populated only with values that are defined by the Experience Analytics client frameworks, you create the whitelist to capture these values. These
values should be the same as those recorded for the
- Click the Dimensions tab.
- Click New Dimension.
- For the Populated By option, select the session attribute you created.
- Click the Advanced Options caret.
- For Values to Record, select
- Click Edit Whitelist?
- Specify the values in the whitelist.
- Save the whitelist.
- Populate the other dimension properties as needed.
- Save the dimension as a draft.
- Save changes to the server.
This dimension can be associated with other events to segment reporting along the type of client framework session.