If there is a load balancer deployed between the CX PCA and the web server, or if you have multiple web servers operating under a single virtual IP (VIP), configure your CX PCA network interface for transparent load balancing.
To configure the PCA interface with transparent load balancing:
- Open the CX PCA Web Console.
- Click the Interface tab.
- Select Enable Transparent Load Balancing.
- Enter the number of
Reassdinstances that you want to run.Increasing the
Reassdinstances increases the number of PCA instances that can process TCP packets.Note: You can enable up to N-1 packets where N is the total number of processor cores on your server. For example, if you have a total of 8 processor cores on your server, you can run up to 7 instances.
- If you want to flush the SSL session information from
memcachewhen the CX PCA service restarts, select Restart Memcached server on Capture restart.
- If you want to disable TCP packet checksum, select Disable Packet checksum validation.
Note: If your network interface card has packet checksum enabled, then it is recommended to disable the packet checksum.
- Multi-instance Capture should not be selected unless you want to return to a non-transparent load balancing mode.
- If you want to enter a filter rule, locate Filter Rules and enter the information for your filter; then, click Create Filter.
- Click Save Changes to save your changes to the CX PCA configuration.