The following steps provide a basic outline of how to enable the Privacy session agent to your pipeline configuration.
- To enable encryption, edit the
Search Server\Search Server configurationusing TMS to define privacy keys for groups that have access to encrypted data.
- Create rules and actions in the
Transport Service\Privacy session agent configurationin TMS to perform the blocking and encryption actions desired.
- Add the Privacy session agent configuration section (
[Privacy]) to the pipeline configuration.
- Specify this session agent as the DownStreamConfigSection for one of the session agents currently in the pipeline.
- Change the DownStreamConfigSection value for the
[Privacy]section to reference the session agent to which the previous session agent was originally pointing.
- Verify that the Privacy session agent configuration file (
Privacy.cfg) is properly configured before restarting the pipeline.
- Restart the pipeline. Typically, restarting require a restart of the appropriate service, such as the Transport Service.
- When the restart is complete, check the application event log for errors.
- Any errors in the Privacy session agent configuration are logged as errors in the application event log.
- In most cases where errors have occurred, the pipeline still successfully loads and processes hits, but any rules or actions with an invalid configuration are ignored.