Real-Time Alerts provides true real-time processing on every hit captured by Experience Analytics.
RTA can be used for the following purposes:
- Hit deletion - Delete hits containing unwanted data such as ping or "keep-alive" hits, and images.
- Session sampling - Specify a percentage of sessions to delete from the capture.
- Event detection - Detect and alert on specified events such as HTTP errors and Long Page Generation times before hits enter the Canister.
You can configure RTA to run three types of tests on the data:
- REQTest - Tests against any field in the request. This test searches the URL string for a specified value, which can be a status code, query string, or similar.
- RSPSrch - Performs a text search of the response. This test searches the text that is returned from the server based on the request. For example, you can search for a partial transaction.
- SessPCT - Randomly selects a specified percentage of sessions. This test can be used to
delete a specified percentage of the sessions.
SessPCT knows the total number of sessions by taking bytes 4 - 7 of the session ID and converting them to an integer, which is then modulo'd by 101. The resulting number is 0 - 100. A full session contains an even number of integers 0 - 100. When a valid modulo is received, it is compared against the rule parameter.
After the test is performed and all of the test rules are met, RTA can take one of the following actions:
- APPEvent - Generate a Experience Analytics Application Event in the request
- Delete - Delete the hit
- EventLOG - Create an entry in the NT Event Log
- Email - Send email
- SetVar - Set a variable