It is recommended that you apply privacy rules through the CX Passive Capture Application. However, depending on the volume of web traffic, you may need to move some privacy filtering into the Windows™ pipeline.
Experience Analytics privacy enables the removal or masking of sensitive customer data that is part of the web transaction stream.
As your web application changes over time, you may need to update the privacy rules that are applied to session data passing through the Windows pipeline. The following steps provide a general approach to managing privacy updates through TMS.
When you are ready to deploy privacy rules modifications to the production transaction stream, please complete the following steps:
- In the TMS WorldView tab, select the Transport Service node.
- If you have not yet added the Privacy or Privacy session agent to your pipeline, you can do so now.
- To edit privacy rules for an existing session, agent, under the Transport Service node, click Privacy Filter configuration.
- In the Config Actions pane, click View/Edit.
- The Privacy Filter configuration dialog is displayed in which you can create or edit the rules, tests, and actions to apply to transactional data being passed through the privacy filter in the Windows pipeline.
- To save changes, click Save.
- Define a Push Configuration job to assign the configuration changes to any other Processing Servers in the Experience Analytics environment.