Before you configure TMS, complete all software installation for Experience Analytics first. Additionally, you must have completed the initial configuration steps for the Experience Analytics CX product components.
Before you begin configuring TMS, complete the following steps:
- Get latest build of TMS for your Experience Analytics version.
- Assign the TMS master server.
Note: In almost all deployments, the TMS master server should be Portal server, unless there is a compelling reason to assign it to another server.
The steps in this section assume the following deployment for your Experience Analytics solution. Depending on your Experience Analytics deployment, additional configuration may be required.
- One PCA Server - The CX Passive Capture Application manages the capture of requests and responses
forwarded from your web application and assembles them into meaningful session data for use by the
rest of the Experience Analytics system. Note: Before you complete the TMS configuration, you should have already installed and configured at least one instance of the CX Passive Capture Application on a separate Linux™ server.
- One HBR server - Health-Based Routing (HBR) managing load balancing and failover in Experience Analytics environments that include multiple canister servers. For purposes of this initial configuration, it is assumed that HBR has been deployed in your Windows™ pipeline and properly configured.
- Two Canister servers - These Canister Servers (or Processing Servers) perform the essential processing of hits received to them and writes them to disk for indexing and ultimately search.
- One Reporting server - The Reporting server consists of the Portal Web Interface, the Data
server, and the Experience Analytics
CX databases. Note: TMS is typically installed and hosted on the Reporting server.