You can install and run the CX Passive Capture Application in a VMware virtual machine.
Before you install the PCA to a VMware virtual machine, make sure that the virtual machine meets the same hardware and software requirements that are defined for a physical server. The virtual machine requires virtual hardware that is defined for a deployment to a physical server.
- Review the hardware and software requirements.The virtual machine requires the same software and hardware resources as a physical server.
- Perform the installation.The installation process for a virtual machine is the same as if you are installing to a physical server.
- Disable multi-queue support for the VMware virtual network
driver.Note: You must disable multi-queue support in the VMware virtual network driver. If multi-queue support is not disabled, the packets that are sent to the PCA might become out of order and result in the CX PCA dropping the packets.
- Review the post installation checklist.
- Configure the PCA for your environment.
After completing the installation steps and configuring the PCA, you can start capturing network traffic from your VMware virtual machine.