Daily extraction tasks can be configured to extract sessions from today, yesterday, or a specific day further in the past.These extractions enable you to select a daily slice of sessions for archiving purposes, which can be used to significantly reduce the cost of storage.
Depending on the volume of sessions that are extracted in a job, the extraction process might take multiple hours to complete. Try the following options to improve performance:
- If you pull sessions from multiple Canisters, you can configure individual jobs for each Canister.
- If you pull from multiple Canisters concurrently, you should configure the Extract Service to run concurrent jobs, one for each Canister .
- For daily jobs, you can split the job into two jobs, scheduling them to fire before and after the workday.
To perform a daily extraction:
- On the General tab, select Run Daily as the Scheduling option.
- Select the Daily Extract option:
Option Description Current Day Extracts sessions from today's data.Note: To acquire the full day's sessions, the extraction task should be scheduled for just before midnight. Previous Day Extracts sessions from yesterday's data. N-th Day ago Extracts sessions N days before the current date, whenever the task runs. Specify a value in the textbox for N between 1 and the maximum age of sessions in the queried canisters.
- Review the Extraction period to verify that you are extracting from the appropriate date.
- Specify the remaining configuration options for the task in the other tabs.
- Click Save.
Data filters example
For this example, we want to exclude all cookies with name
- Select Cookies data filter.
- Choose the Exclude Specific radio button.
As each hit of the extracted sessions is processed, all cookies with the name
_VIEW are skipped and are not sent to the destination. The other parts of the hit
are not affected.